• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

barebone pc - $20 after rebates

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dgk

I'm on their mailing list and saw that this morning. I was up to the point of entering my credit card and just decided that I really didn't need it. Shipping was $18 so the thing would cost me around $40. There are three separate rebates totaling $90 and the up front outlay is $110.

One thing I noticed was that part of the ad promised 7 expansion slots but there appear to be only 2 plus an AGP. A misprint I guess.

I figure I'll check my parts closet and see if I have a decent processor, memory, and vid card lying around. If so, maybe I'll get it even though I have no need for it. I must be in a buying mood for some reason. I just bought a water cooling kit that is probably pretty much crap just because I want to quiet one of my rigs and figured I'd try some WC. If I like it perhaps I'll buy a better setup for my main PC.

Radical

Not a bad deal, but if you order from Tiger Direct you may never get what you ordered :rolleyes:

unreal

Registered
yeah i dont know about tiger they confuse the hell out of me when they say its ordereed, then retract it for misprint...

twump

rebates from tigerdirect.. eh no thanks. i prefer to actually get something for my money other then a reciept.

if it was anyone but tigerdirect i'd say its a great deal.

SpaceyWilly

yeah, I also saw this, but I just don't want to risk paying $110 for something I don't really need. If I could get it for $20, that'd be cool, but there's just too much risk.

Pinky

Tiger direct... blah!

Not a bad little box though for $38 shipped... Soyo is a well established manufacturer, and I'd trust their rebates long before Tiger Direct's.

crimedog

i'm sceptical about how many of you guys actually have ordered from TD

i did once and I got my rebate :)
besides, rebates are always handled by specilized third party companies

Droban

I just go to the tiger direct outlet store. I don't think I would order stuff online though, just because you can get better deals at newegg and other such sites. I just picked up a hitachi drive from tiger though.

Mr.Furious

Tiger direct is alright they have gotten everything ive ordered so far... I would get this but man that case is fugly and the board is only alright... lol I see a million of computers in that case selling on ebay BLAHHHH :bang head

Tatuya

@Droban: Isn't that in Elmhurst?
You gotta admit though, for 20 dollars its like getting the case and mobo for free and you are really only paying for say the keyboard, mouse, and speakers. Personally I'd pick this up if it were 20 dollars after instant rebates or something for a cheap LANing PC or something to house Folders.

Disputant

The last time I was at Tiger Direct, a guy returned a refurbished IBM T23 that he had gotten in the back room specials. (for those of you that have never been to a Tiger Outlet, it is a room piled full of miscellaneous parts, lots of cables an such) He hended it to the cashier and after he walked away, she let it drop about a foot and a half to the bottom of the cashier counter stand. WHAM!

Ironic thing was a 10 minutes earlier, I was thinking 240 bucks was a pretty good deal for one of the T23s, just to have an extra at the office in case someone broke their desktop and needed a computer. I decided that I didn't need it afterall.