• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Barton 2500 *****$99

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ONE

Barton 2500 *****$99

BARTON 2500 *****$99 @ FTIComputer.com
Athlon XP 2500 1.83Ghz (Socket A) 333FSB Barton 512K Processor 0.13 micron w/Heasink&Fan - (Retail)
shipping=$10.00

Has anyone here had any bad experiences with this retailer, I'm going to check reseller ratings, but I thought I would ask before ordering anything.

OP
ONE

ONE

I doubt that it will stay at that price for more than a few more days..........if that, I won't be selling it.
I wish I could buy 3 of them, but my girl would kill me!!!;)

ToledoSteel

I am in the market for this, but will probably spens the extra $20 to be safe and go with newegg. Unless someone else on the forum can vouch for them.

cf79

I used them a couple months ago for a ram sale they were having. Normally, their stuff is waaaayyy overpriced so I'm a bit shocked about this deal.

The only complaint I have is thier shipping fees and their packaging. They just threw the ram (unprotected) into a bubble-laced envelope and that was it. Pretty sucky of em'. Luckily, the ram worked (and continutes to work to this day in my server case), but I did my share of complaining.

I haven't checked out this "Barton sale" yet, but chances are good that if this is OEM or refurb, the packaging is not going to please you at all.

Pooptacular

Registered
I have a friend that ordered a ti4600 back when they were hot from them, he said no problems from them so I wouldnt worry about it being a scam or anything.

OP
ONE

ONE

cf79 said:
I haven't checked out this "Barton sale" yet, but chances are good that if this is OEM or refurb, the packaging is not going to please you at all.

It's supposed to be new- retail package with heat sink, fan and manufacturer warranty...........

Hughhefner

Playboy Wannabee
Just ordered mine and it was $107 shipped///or will be shipped on 5/26... I'm hoping that these are all fresh factory batches and not Retail boxes shipped back here from Europe or the far east or something.. I guess we'll find out soon enough...

OP
ONE

ONE

That's correct , so that is $8 shipping.......that was my total :D
$8.00 SHIPPING

JPS

Those RR ratings give me pause. I would spend the $20 extra to order from either GameVE or Newegg. There is something to be said for a dependable/reliable track record.

Last edited:
OP
ONE

ONE

It looks like thats the result of some people getting a Radeon non-Pro 9700 instead of the pro version........others say they had no problems!

OP
ONE

ONE

I can't say I blame you but their ratings really isn't that bad.
I had a bad experince with Newegg one time and they have good ratings!(DOA PROCESSOR and I didn't get the mianboard until 3 weeks later, needless to say they would not RMA it.......processor never showed any signs of life, definitely DOA)But I had to overlook that bad experience...............although it did take a long time for me to cool off.:mad:

TommyHolly

What is thier return ploicy? If you buy it with a credit card, you should be backed up. I can call Visa up for any problem and they instantly reverse the charges.