• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Barton 2500 has open L1 bridge??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eeglot

I have understood that the Bartons are supposed to come unlocked as far as the chip goes. I received my OEM 2500 from Newegg, and the L1 bridges are not connected.
the stepping is AQUCA 0306. I am just concerned that this one is not unlocked; can anyone advise please?

if the bridges aren't burned then they are unlocked, they are connected under the chip's surface. You can test the resistance between the dots with a multimeter, if its 0 then the chip is unlocked.

ok thanks, yaa they are not burned, I assumed that you could see them connected like on the old T-birds :rolleyes:

I figured that that may be the case, but I just wanted to be sure as what I was thinking
Thanks Again

Long story short.........I have a KD7 KT400 I was going to use, it was given to me. But I decided to spend the money, and use a NF7-S.
So my system will be:
NF7-S
Barton 2500
Vantec AeroFlow HS
Tyan Tachyon 9700 PRO
75 GB Maxtor 7200 RPM
30 GB Quantum Fireball 7200 RPM
Corsair XMS pc3200 Low Latency 512 MB

Looking forward to getting this thing together and burned in.

Thanks for the input

Back