• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Barton and MSIK7D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Miknow

Being that the barton is 333mhz and MSI is 266 we wouldnt get the full potential from the barton correct?

rottenspam

Potentially. The 333fsb is not avialable as an option on the K7D, but the Iwill boards can over clock to it. BTW the barton MP is a 266mhz FSB part.

My take on it, memory bandwidth as an over all contributor to performance has been greatly over emphasised. I'd guess at most the hit in going from 333fsb on average would be about 3%-5%. Which you could make up for by running the CPU at 2.0GHZ instead of 1.83... Which would give you a 9% performance improvment.

BTW you wont notice the difference.

kaltag

although you cannot run @ 333 you can get 300 with k7d master. The reason I got the Bartons (see sig) is the extra l2 cache. I use it for 3d and video rendering and man does it make a difference :D