• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Barton2500 / Epox 8rda3+ o/c settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CCW

Xtreme refugee
It isnt as simple as that, basically by raising the FSB you are overclocking the processor, you will raise the vCore when your system becomes unstable due to the high overclock. Memory youll want to run in sync with the Front Side Bus (FSB) and with as tight timings as possible, ideally 2-2-2-11

Craig

OP
L&M

L&M

The bad thing is that they should've arrived today ,but they didn't.
I can't wait to try them.

P.S. Should I have ordered Abit NF7-S ver.2 instead of Epox or not?!

CCW

Xtreme refugee
I cant tell you what you should or should have not done but I can advise you that the NF7 is the better board. It will overclock much better than the 8RDA3+ anyway, compared to my spare 8RDA+, the NF7 is so much better.

Craig

Tawcan

Registered
Read some of the guides on this board or some articles on the site. Overclocking really isn't something ppl can teach you and you would become an expert. You need to get your hands dirty and play around with the computer.

David

Forums Super Moderator
Also, please note that we enforce posting in the correct section at these forums: this thread shouls be in AMD CPUs or one of the AMD Motherboard forums. Please choose more carefully where to start a thread next time, thank you.

OP
L&M

L&M

@David:
I see that you're right.Sorry!It won't happen again.

@Tawcan $ CCW:
I can change my request on mobo that's why I'm interested wich one is better.I read a lot about the Abit,but there isn't very much on the Epox.I've read that Epox goes with FSB a lot higher than Abit.

CCW

Xtreme refugee
I would say its the opposite and that the Abit will go much higher FSB straight from the box. Although very few people have used the 8RDA3+ simply becaused the Abit is better.

Craig

kayl

i run a fsb of 218 with no problems with the motherboard, dont need any more vdd
the only problem with this board i found you need to download the nForce drivers so all the controllers work betta
and download the latest version of bios, previous versions the temperature shut down doest work, and they made things more stable too.

the only problem i have when overclocking is my ram, motherboard giving no probs, i love the board

ps put a small fan blowing air onto the mosfets next to the heatsink will drop the temps a little

OP
L&M

L&M

GUYS,GUYS... EASY...
I don't have the mobo yet.Don't make me run over that shop (with my car) I want to get it from.

I'm running out of patience. :mad:

dubtek

Registered
I went with the abit myself I was in the same kinda situation some said epox others said abit it came down to I couldn't find the good revision of the epox and I found a guranteed v2 nf7-s so I got the abit...

Fleck

This is what my system is like right now (updated from sig):

EPoX 8RDA3+
Barton 2600+ @ 2.37GHz (11.5*205) 1.9V
GEIL PC3200 512MB @ 205MHz CAS 8-4-4-2.5

My room is cool, case is at about 28C, and the processor idles with a couple of apps at 46, gets to about 54 under full CPU load(which I measure using Prime95 with small FTTs torture test).

Last edited:

kayl

Fleck said:
This is what my system is like right now (updated from sig):

EPoX 8RDA3+
Barton 2600+ @ 2.37GHz (11.5*205) 1.9V
GEIL PC3200 512MB @ 205MHz CAS 8-4-4-2.5

My room is cool, case is at about 28C, and the processor idles with a couple of apps at 46, gets to about 54 under full CPU load(which I measure using Prime95 with small FTTs torture test).

hey you temperatures at full load is a little high,
most people say to stay under 50oc
my chip with air only lasted 2months at 56oc, think i had a dud though

Fleck

Dubtek, some chips work very well and some aren't so nice. 2 volts will send my system screaming. Right now I idle at about 37C and max out with 43 degrees at 2.3GHz with 1.75volts. I don't think any test of a heatsink/fan/compound can be TRULY objective.

Last edited:
OP
L&M

L&M

I got my XP2500 and my temps are 43-44C idle.With the XP2400 I had before it was 45-46C.In february will arrive my Arctic Silver 5 and I'll lap my heatsink.
Oh,my case temp is 34-35C.I think that both are a little too hot,don't you?
I have 2 80mm fans,1 in & 1 out + 70mm fan on CPU (thaat I think must be changed)