• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bartons.. when?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i just asked the same question on anoth thread i thought the bartons were going to be the 333fsb chips starting with the 2700+ guess i was wrong. cause they are listed as t-bread cores on newegg. what is going to be the major change(advantage of the barton cores does anyone have a link so i can check it out?

check this article from inquirer

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=5696

Barton, apparently is to kick off at 2800+, will have, as we know a level two cache of 512K which could give a performance increase of nearly 10 per cent.

check this article from internetnews.com

http://siliconvalley.internet.com/news/article.php/1463021

Barton has a larger data storage feature, known as a cache. Where existing Athlon chips have a 256-kilobyte cache, Barton will store 512 kilobytes of data. The modified version also will have a bus that operates at a frequency of 333 megahertz, up from 266 megahertz.

According to AMD's updated road map, Barton can come out anytime

I will be a little sad to see the barton, in a way it's the begining of the end for the Athlon XP and the whole Athlon era.

It's been a good run, from he Athlon 750 Slot A days, up to the MP days. Lets hope the hammer gives us the same.

[the doors]
This is the end, my only friend the end...

I think that should be the theme tune for th barton :(

ummm dont u mean Athlon 650 tbird slotA :D
i dont know the more amd puts out product wise the more im impressed with them as a whole.

plus when they hit we will need to see whay thenext oc king will be besides the 1600 agioa
could be taken by one of these below
1700 tbred
2400 B
2600 333
2800 333
bartons

this lists is growing and we arent nailing nothing down but the 1600. is nice seeing amd way ahead of us and throwing things out faster than we can get bored with em!

ILUSION thanks for the links a little old but still thanks.

i'm like you the way AMD has been spitting out chips the last week or two old barton might just hit and serprise everyone! i need a new processor but i hate to buy one (2600+)for my new abit at7 max2, and then turn around and the barton comes out. i fried my 2200+ last week! using my girlfriends 266mhz model t makes me thankfull for anything over 500mhz.

Back