• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 1 and hyperthreading

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brando

I had hyperthreading off with my 5820k @4.375ghz and showed a cpu usage history of a solid 100% all the way across in 64 player matches. I turned it back on and now it bounces around in the 35% range. Anyone else seeing this? I thought this cpu would be total overkill.

edit:sorry it's about 35% with ht

Last edited:

[email protected]

I had hyperthreading off with my 5820k @4.375ghz and showed a cpu usage history of a solid 100% all the way across in 64 player matches. I turned it back on and now it bounces around in the 80% range. Anyone else seeing this? I thought this cpu would be total overkill.

Does it utilize all cores? I think BF1 has a utilization problem, What they call it? CPU leak? :rofl:
Yeah my 6600k @4.2GHz had 100% utilization too.

OP
Brando

Brando

i forget if all 6 cores were 100% without ht but when it's on about half of them were used heavily and the rest were around 25% or so. when i merge the cores into one graph it was actually around 30% total. i guess ht is the future or something. ill post a pic in a minute.

OP
Brando

Brando

63 player conquest with hyperthreading on empires edge map

Capture.JPG Capture2.JPG

Last edited:

[email protected]

i forget if all 6 cores were 100% without ht but when it's on about half of them were used heavily and the rest were around 25% or so. when i merge the cores into one graph it was actually around 30% total. i guess ht is the future or something. ill post a pic in a minute.

Welp thats weird. I saw LTTs video about BF1 and as long as you have 4 cores or more the FPS stays the same.

Last edited:
OP
Brando

Brando

63 player conquest mode on empires edge map without HT. feels randomly choppy too which i don't get because it was never maxxed out.i guess this one isn't quite as rough on the cpu. maybe less destructible buildings have something to do with it? pretty crazy that cpu utilization goes down by half with ht.
Capture3.JPG

[email protected]

63 player conquest mode on empires edge map without HT. feels randomly choppy too which i don't get because it was never maxxed out.i guess this one isn't quite as rough on the cpu. maybe less destructible buildings have something to do with it? pretty crazy that cpu utilization goes down by half with ht.
View attachment 184691

It is crazy. Need some time for them to release an update, Maybe it will fix it.

wingman99

My i5 6600k is smooth as butter with the FPS only dipping down to 78FPS rarely. I think there is something to do with when folks disable HT, then the game is setup to use HT when the processor has that option.

Last edited: