• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BattleField 1942

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Max graphical settings at 1280X900 or something like that and I get about 60+ fps average. Along with my college's ethernet I normally play in 30 player games completly smoothly without any hiccups or lag or anything.

I was hoping that it wasn't me. I have a geforce2 ultra but I figured that would be enough..... Well my 9700pro should be in tomorrow so I guess we will have to see.

How do you display frame rates in the game??

I also have it running smooth, but was thinking of setting the texture detail to 100% and need to see how many frames I'll lose (or if I have any to spare).

give me some tips on how to have it run smooth, i get jumpyness sometimes and don't think my comp is lacking since its at 1.8 with a gf4

make shure the hardware sound acceleration box is checked on the second page of the sound optons. That made a big diff. for me with my GF2. from like 20 to 65.

Pinky said:
How do you display frame rates in the game??

I also have it running smooth, but was thinking of setting the texture detail to 100% and need to see how many frames I'll lose (or if I have any to spare).

With that new video card you should have NOTHING to worry about.

rob:)

Turn off any ram optimizing programs you have running. I was getting 5 second lags every 5 or 6 mins with it on, I was going nuts trying to find the problem. I finally tried shutting off RamIdlePro and it has been great since. Just a suggestion to try.
Fishingeek

I'm trying to run this game on a Radeon 8500 128MB (not LE) and the thing just quits to the desktop most of the time. Any ideas on this? I posted another thread about this, but since this is the thread about the game, perhaps you will know more. Also, I turned off the other monitor, thinking it was using up video RAM, but haven't tried it. Lastly, I tried to turn on hardware accelerated sound and the check box would not let me check it. I've got built in Sound Blaster 128 on the 7DXR+, if that helps.

Thanks in advance

Z

I run it at 1280x1024 and its silky smooth, except for when I play online....being 56k and all........

I have it running just fine on the following systems.

Athlon 900
SB Live!
Abit Ka7
1G Ram

P4 1.6A at 2.13
onboard sound
Albatron mobo
512 Corsair DDR

For more problem solutions, try heading over to www.bf1942.com or www.bfcentral.com & check the forums. BF1942 has a "Help me" section on their forums.

There IS a new patch comming out very soon that will fix a lot of various problems.

Yeah this game is a huge resource hog. I have 512 of PC2100 and after exiting a game it takes a while to get my system resources back.

skid said:

It tells a console command to display your framerate in the Readme.

Thanks!

For the record:

hit "~" then type "console.showfps 1" to turn on framerates and "console.showfps 0" to turn them off... use F8 to toggle the menu screen that blocks the frame rate display.

I was averaging 60-70 fps with the setup in my sig below and everything video and sound related turned up to max (online play).

Back