• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 2 v1.2 Patch news

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wannaoc

All these patches do to me is bring back long loading screens and kill my frame rate. Seems to me they move the game backwards rather than forward.

And if helicopters weren't weak enough they are lowering them more and like said above I see nothing about the grenade launcher accuracy/strength. And why the hell cant we shoot while jumping? While it is a lame tactic I don't see it needing a patch fix.

Last edited:
OP
shard

shard

wannaoc said:
All these patches do to me is bring back long loading screens and kill my frame rate. Seems to me they move the game backwards rather than forward.

And if helicopters weren't weak enough they are lowering them more and like said above I see nothing about the grenade launcher accuracy/strength. And why the hell cant we shoot while jumping? While it is a lame tactic I don't see it needing a patch fix.

Well, they are still working on more details and fixes right now, so lets hope that more will come.

Dolphin diving is jumping while prone.

mage_x

wannaoc said:
The helicopters needed their HP lowered, it shouldn't take more than 1 tank shot to kill one. The accuracy with any gun is totally random and sometimes doesnt even stay inside the aimer.. atleast the first shot should be accurate. The grenade launcher is way overpowered, anyone who can't see that must be blind.

>HyperlogiK<

something else that would be nice is if the anti tank weapons did some more intermediate damage to tanks, like reducing their mobility to simulate damaging the tracks, or making the turret immobile, rather than bang, nothing, bang, nothing, bang, tank explodes.

Seven7Thirty30

Instead of lowering the HP damage for each weapon, EA (and all developers) should focus on the reality war.

1 tank round = dead helicopter

1 anti-tank round = dead helicopter

1 hit from grenade launcher = dead soldier

jumping while firing (try jumping with 45+ pounds strapped to your body in combat) = huge firing inaccuracy if not physical impossibility.

1 anti-tank round = disabled tank performance

small arms fire = disabled aircraft performance or dead pilot (cockpit glass isn't 100% bullet proof)

grenade launcher accuracy = poor

Helicopter pilot bailing out of disabled helicopter and parachuting to safety = :rolleyes: please.

I for one would appreciate a game that was very close to real life.

Last edited:

mage_x

i think making it completely realistic would ruin the fun. all i want is a BALANCED game.

Seven7Thirty30

mage_x said:
i think making it completely realistic would ruin the fun. all i want is a BALANCED game.

The problem lies with the inability to make a "balanced" game. It's too opinionated and it's impossible to make everyone happy. If you can't make everyone happy, then make the game realistic. No one can argue with that.

Sjaak

In fact some helos do allow you to bail...but its either both the pilot and gunner or none...and it totally destroys the chopper :D

I'd like to see the anti tank missile damage doubled and ammo supply halved...would cause awhole lotta less spawncamping on the urban maps.

Sjaak

austinbmxnig said:
they should just start all over from scratch lol.

Lol.

Well it sure is a great game just needs alot of polishing.

Like i said when i was just released...an ''EA game isn't an EA game without at least 100MB worth of patches''

mage_x

Seven7Thirty30 said:
The problem lies with the inability to make a "balanced" game. It's too opinionated and it's impossible to make everyone happy. If you can't make everyone happy, then make the game realistic. No one can argue with that.
There is no inability to make a balanced game, it's just that the people making the patches are morons. It really isn't that hard to balance a game like this.

OP
shard

shard

Seven7Thirty30 said:
Instead of lowering the HP damage for each weapon, EA (and all developers) should focus on the reality war.

1 tank round = dead helicopter

1 anti-tank round = dead helicopter

1 hit from grenade launcher = dead soldier

jumping while firing (try jumping with 45+ pounds strapped to your body in combat) = huge firing inaccuracy if not physical impossibility.

1 anti-tank round = disabled tank performance

small arms fire = disabled aircraft performance or dead pilot (cockpit glass isn't 100% bullet proof)

grenade launcher accuracy = poor

Helicopter pilot bailing out of disabled helicopter and parachuting to safety = :rolleyes: please.

I for one would appreciate a game that was very close to real life.

Well, I for one know that 1 tank round now takes down attack helo's, Sjaak and I where taken down by one yesterday, sure surprised the hell out of us. lol

Feydd

mage_x said:
The grenade launcher is way overpowered, anyone who can't see that must be blind.

The GL kills within a realistic range and has the power that an anti-personnel grenade should have. Too me it's the most realistic weapon as far as killing ability goes. If you nerf it to where it doesn't kill in one hit than everyone who uses it will get killed trying to reload after the first shot.

I can't believe they are nerfing the TV missles range. That is by far one of the funnest weapons in the game. I can't stand this, the game is supposed to be set in the modern age but now they've completly removed all BVR missles from the game. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
OP
shard

shard

Feydd said:
The GL kills within a realistic range and has the power that an anti-personnel grenade should have. Too me it's the most realistic weapon as far as killing ability goes. If you nerf it to where it doesn't kill in one hit than everyone who uses it will get killed trying to reload after the first shot.

I can't believe they are nerfing the TV missles range. That is by far one of the funnest weapons in the game. I can't stand this, the game is supposed to be set in the modern age but now they've completly removed all BVR missles from the game. :rolleyes:

Yes the TV missiles in real life have a good sized range, in the neighborhood of 4 miles or so, bigger then most BF2 maps.