• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kenrou

This is what you need:

OS: Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
Processor: AMD FX-4100 X4 (3,6 GHz)/Intel Core i5-2500 (3,3 GHz)
Memory: 4096 MB RAM
Graphics: 1 GB, DirectX 11, AMD Radeon HD 6850/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 10 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX compatible

And this is what you want:

OS: Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
Processor: AMD FX-8350 X8 (4,0 GHz)/Intel Core i7-3770 (3,9 GHz)
Memory: 8192 MB RAM
Graphics: 2 GB, DirectX 11, AMD Radeon R9 270X/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 10 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX compatible

Been waiting for a WH40K... IN SPEEEEEEEESS :rofl:

OP
Kenrou

Kenrou

I really have to learn to post properly in this website :rofl: so 1st ever Unreal4 engine game as the announcer said, it looks very nice (maybe not the scale i had imagined for 8km long ships) very HomeWorld. Hopefully it will do well by WH40K :)

Those requirements though...

Lissa

There is another game like this - or, i'd rather say, - of this genre, as it looks like there are a lot of differencies. It's also on Unreal Engine 4 and it seems like it was announced at the same time if not earlier, but is still in development. I mean Starfall Tactics.
Armada is nice though, the only thing i hate is slow motion.

OP
Kenrou

Kenrou

There's a lot of 4k space games atm, im still waiting on the final reviews for Elite: Dangerous and some bugs fixed to decide whether its worth buying, used to play the original on my old Spectrum64 and Amiga 500.

Lissa

There's a lot of 4k space games atm, im still waiting on the final reviews for Elite: Dangerous and some bugs fixed to decide whether its worth buying, used to play the original on my old Spectrum64 and Amiga 500.

Used to play Elite: Dangerous. The worst thing of it is that they sell updates separetly for the price of full game almost. That's not nice to existing players.
The game by itself is like EVE in many ways when you start playing it - nobody tells you what to do and you actually need a friend to explain many things and not be bored.
It's really hard, and really more like true space simulator - you feel the greatness of Universe there.

OP
Kenrou

Kenrou

Played EVE TCG before it became a pc game, was decent but never really gave it much thought tbh, was (still am) way more into Magic: the Gathering.

Lissa

Played EVE TCG before it became a pc game, was decent but never really gave it much thought tbh, was (still am) way more into Magic: the Gathering.

I guess it really differs from a pc game. They also keep updating it with new features all the time...MTG is easy to learn for me, although i usually participate only in friendly 2vs2, drafts and Commander games.

Coming back to the topic of 4x games: it is also not as friendly to new players as it could be - and actually most rts/wargames do so. And i can't say it's bad couse you actually get a pecific interesting experience.

OP
Kenrou

Kenrou

Been playing the beta with latest update, and im wondering why does this need such high specs, 1080p Epic (max) settings CPU never went past 45% use on any core and GPU never even boosted... Graphics are nice, fairly easy learning curve for anyone that has ever played Homeworld-like games but IMO camera management needs tweaking and a wider zoom. Half-decent AI :thup: