• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battling Summer Temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SteveI

I posted my heat problems a couple of months ago, and received great feedback. I finally had the time and patience to work on them.

When the temps started hitting the ninties I noticed case temps on 2 of my PCs hitting 40c. This was bad and causing lockups. (cel566@850 on gorbs.) I was using POS Case w/ vertical PS. I've since replaced the cases, used arctic silverII and my case temps are 8-10c lower with similar room temps!!!

Because I dont have a temp monitor on the CPU, I have to guess with the case temp...(VT6x4). I got the improvements with an Antec sx1030 with Enermax 330PS (2fans) and 4 additional case fans. Plus it looks sweet.... and the WBK38 is sitting in the wings for the Athlon I keep dreaming about...sigh.

Anyway, thanks for all the advice, even though I was too lazy to take all of it.... And yes, I am so lazy it took me 3 months to do it...but in my defense the 90s have been rare til now.

Thanks to all who helped.
SteveI.

Back