• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

baybus questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

danomite664

Ok, i have modded my computer a bit, and have a CC light, a fan with some LED's in it, and a couple other fans, but at night, it gets too bright. I want to add a baybus to my computer, but i was wondering how bright the LED's on a baybus are with no lights on. If they are bright, then it kinda defeats the purpose of being able to turn off the other lights. Also, can i hook the CC light up to the baybus to switch that off too?

obliv

they are relatively bright led's, not to the point where it lights up a dark room, definately not overdone. And yes you can hook up a cathode to a baybus, just make sure that the baybus is switched to 12volts at all times for it to work.

DipStickTony

Well you could always just buy a rocker switch to turn off the cathode...unless the fans are really bright. Ill take a pic of my 6 port babyus (red/blue lights) tonight, they arnt that bright. The reds give off just enuff to light them up, and the blues are like twice as bright, nothing bad though.

A rheobus would work because all it does is vary the voltages.