• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BD7II voltage prob

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bibus

Registered
Hello I got a BD7II with my p4 2.4B and oced to 2,9 no problem with voltage maxed out in bios ....
And that s only 1,65 even 1,63 on load .I bought a swiftech mcx4000 with delta 80mm fan monster ,hoping
that i ll join the 3ghz club ...but actually my temps went down about 8 c but still i cannot oc more.
I was wondering if others bd7II user could tell me what is their max voltage with this mobo , i know it undervolts,
but still 1,63 on load is very poor... I m pretty sure i could get to 3ghz wtih only 1,7 v but I don t wanna do the pin trick
as I m pretty sure that is why snds will occure. Is there any modded bios or any other trick to get up to say at least 1,7v
??? I m so ****ed off ,that i spent 80$ on my swiftech resulting in a total flop . :eh?:Can it be done or should I sell the swiftech MCX4000 ...

Last edited:
OP
bibus

bibus

Registered
Would a mister Natural bios do the trick , I ask before trying cause
I don t like to mess around flashing the bios too often, I already flashed the last one from abit ...

Pntgrd

Mr. N's bios will NOT give you any more voltage on the BD7-II. Sorry.

OP
bibus

bibus

Registered
Thx , but anyway what max voltage do you get with the board ?(was just thinking that mr natural bios would reveal some hidden settings for vcore ...too bad it doesn t , so i actually don t know the point of using it ...
)

Melhisedek

HI there mate !
Well looks like we have the same problem :(
I make my own watercooling setup just to be able to o/c fine and bought some more RAM 100 €. But I'm still held back by the lack of Voltage :(
I asked around and everything but it seems to be impossible to make any such option in BIOS ( upping Voltage and stuff ) [ I mean for our mo/bo ]
Some good folks had it checked but couldn't find "any room for changes"
So I guess our only chance is to do some modding and I don't dare to do it. In my case I have an 2.26 that I can run stable only at 170 FSB :( And I know it can go higher!!! I got up to 3.05 and almost got in Windows (BSOD) and I know that it wants some more V!!!
I have precisely same Voltages as you do !!!
Well if you find ANYTHING please post it here !
Good Luck !

OP
bibus

bibus

Registered
thx good luck to you too ...hope that there is a way beside pin trick ...i ll keep you informed if i find something , hope you ll do the same thx...;)
ps : the cpu even posted at 172 fsb ...but is not stable even at 165 without voltage mod ....damn

OP
bibus

bibus

Registered
thx but is there a vmod for the vcore on the mobo ,as i think this is the main bottleneck ...

OP
bibus

bibus

Registered
Isn t the pin trick very dangerous for the cpu ?
Can you set it at only 1,70 vcore ?

ElroyCarbon

No dude! I think the pin trick is way easy. Go into the TH72 area and look for a sticky from Batboy. I did it twice on two TH7s and it rocked. I could be wrong, but if it's the same vid pin trick you have 3 or 4 diff default options. I also just built last night my new BD72 RAID on a 2.53 and am running solid @ 3.04. The machine reboots just as I get into windows and crashed anywhere over 165 fsb so here I am stuck at least for now. My P4T533-C went up in smoke last night so rest in peace Asus and welcome 3.04GHZ!!!!!!!:D

Coz

bibus said:
i know it undervolts, but still 1,63 on load is very poor...
I share your pain my brother.:)

My BD7-II undervolts something like this at stock voltage.....

BIOS: 1.50v
IDLE: 1.44v
LOAD: 1.41v

This is with a PSU that has a peak output of 650W too. I never had this problem with my old P4B266 - I got 1.50v idle and about 1.49v under load. This board sucks.

Here's a list of other gripes I have with my BD7-II....
Coz rants like a little baby.....
The most annoying problem I have with this board is that 9 out of 10 times when you hit DEL to get into the BIOS the POST screen is replaced by a small blue text line at the bottom of the screen and NOT the BIOS set-up. That one REALLY ****es me off!! When you're overclocking and trying to find the sweet spot you're looking at a LOT of attempts to get into the BIOS failing.

The other big problem I have is my RAM. I have some Kingmax PC2700 (5ns) which used to run fine at DDR352 2/5/2/2 (stock vdimm) on my Asus P4B266 but on this POS it's much worse than that. At DDR333 I can only run stable using 2.5/6/3/3 (Hi or Low strap) and it can't go much higher than about DDR342 no matter the vdimm or CAS settings!! Even when I take out one of the two 256MB sticks it makes no difference. When using 4:3 I can take the FSB right up to at least 177MHz (3.01GHz) but with 1:1 it doesn't go much past 171MHz. I don't understand why the memory is so pathetic on this board and was so good on the P4B266???
Man, I HATE this board. As soon as the Asus P4G8X (E7205) is launched this board is gone.

OP
bibus

bibus

Registered
can i use a fan wire to do the pin trick or is it too big ? sorry for that dumb question ...so what did you use ?

4x

Melhisedek said:
HI there mate !
In my case I have an 2.26 that I can run stable only at 170 FSB :( And I know it can go higher!!! I got up to 3.05 and almost got in Windows (BSOD) and I know that it wants some more V!!!
I have precisely same Voltages as you do !!!

My P4 2.26b @+15% Vcore
Stock IHS..

3000MHZ.jpg

Oh specs ..Sorry..

P4 2.26b
Abit BD711
512Mb Corsair Xms 3000 DDR
40Gig Seagate Barracuda 7200
Msi G4 Ti4600 128Mb Ram
LITEon 24x10x40 CD/RW
Sony 48 Speed cd
300 Watt Psu