• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BDR-211EBK Blu-ray Writer Optical Drive or ASUS BW-16D1HT/G 5.25'' SATA BLU-RAY

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimn230

Registered
so from these 2 which to buy ?
BDR-211EBK Blu-ray Writer Optical Drive or ASUS BW-16D1HT/G 5.25'' SATA BLU-RAY RECORDER?
??beside this i have some questions

2 persons told me this

and tell your thoughts ok??

Pioneer BDR-211EBK is very good accorded to customers reviews but there was no BDR-211EBK, BDR-211UBK or BDR-211JBK reviews from tech sites or youtube reviews so there are 2 BDR-211JBK Japensese reviews on youtube can use English subtitles.

ASUS ASUS BW-16D1HT not very good accorded to customers reviews suffered lots of disc coasters so don't waste your money on it.

and the other person told me these

I bought both Pioneer BDR-209DBK , and ASUS BW-16D1HT where I had some compatibility issues with the speed of writing. I will immediately explain that with some blue ray disks like the x-layer where the e-shop has been all written 4x but some Pioneer's bills could also be written with 10x. and other bills only with 4x. Program where I am the Nero 2016. The time had a big difference. With Asus all the disks with 10x without problems the same disks in the same machine.Also very satisfied.Therefore I would recommend Asus without afterthough

so tell me from these 2 which to buy?>

honestly i dont know which to buy from these 2>>??

#if you were to my position which from these 2 you would buy??

ALSO#
do you believe that ASUS BW-16D1HT is very good drive ??

is it worth to buy it?
asus has these features
Optical Drive Type: Blu-ray
Optical Drive Interface: SATA
Connector Type: SATA
Media Load Type: Motorised Tray
Performance
DVD-ROM Read Speed: 16X
DVD-R Read Speed: 16X
DVD+R Read Speed: 16X
DVD-RW Read Speed: 12X
DVD+RW Read Speed: 12X
DVD-RAM Read Speed: 5X
DVD-R Dual Layer Read Speed: 12X
DVD+R Dual Layer Read Speed: 12X
DVD-R Write Speed: 16X
DVD+R Write Speed: 16X
DVD-RW Write Speed: 6X
DVD-RAM Write Speed: 5X
DVD+RW Write Speed: 8X
DVD -R Dual Layer Write Speed: 8X
DVD +R Dual Layer Write Speed: 8X
CD-ROM Read Speed: 48X
CD-R Read Speed: 48X
CD-RW Read Speed: 40X
CD-R Write Speed: 48X
CD-RW Write Speed: 24X
Access Time (Blu-ray): 180ms (Blu-ray)
Access Time (DVD): 160ms (DVD)
Access Time (CD): 150ms (CD)
BD-ROM Read Speed: 12X
BD-R Read Speed: 12X
BD-RE Read Speed: 8X
BD-ROM DL Read Speed: 8X
BD-R DL Read Speed: 8X
BD-RE DL Read Speed: 6X
BD-RE Write Speed: 2X
BD-RE DL Write Speed: 2X
DVD-ROM DL Read Speed: 12X
Environmental
Operating Temperature: 5 to 40 C
Operating Humidity: 20 to 80 %
Physical
Form Factor: Blu-Ray Drive
Enclosure type: Internal
Enclosure Colour: Black
Mounting Kit: Vertical and Horizontal
In The Box: Asus BW-16D1HT 16X SATA Blu-Ray Recorder Drive
Width: 14.6 cm
Depth: 17 cm
Height: 4.1 cm
Weight: 0.75 kg

and pionner has these features
PRODUCT INFORMATION:
ULTRA HD 4K BLU RAY WRITER INCLUDES CYBERLINK - RETAIL
Pioneer High Fidelity Taiwan Co.Ltd today unveiled its new internal BD/DVD/CD writer, the BDR-211EBK. The new model supports Ultra HD Blu-ray playback using bundled CyberLink PowerDVD®14 software.

The market for 4K resolution is expected to expand significantly as demand increases for definition higher than full HD. The BDR-211EBK meets that need, enabling PC users to enjoy 4K content via a PC, as well as providing up to 16x 2 maximum BD-R writing speed (BD-R: SL 25GB) and the ability to read and write a variety of BD (SL 25GB/DL 50GB) and BDXL (BD-R XL: TL 100GB/ QL 128GB, BD-RE XL: TL 100GB) discs.

Features Include:
- Ultra HD Blu-ray playback – the BDR-211EBK supports Ultra HD Blu-ray playback using the bundled CyberLink software. Ultra HD Blu-ray includes content up to 4K resolution (3840 pixels horizontal×2160pixels vertical) and a wider range of colours compared to full HD.
- Faster burning – Up to 16x² maximum write speed on BD-R single-layer discs, 14x on BD-R DL discs and 8x on BD-R triple-layer discs.
- Compatible with Windows® 10 – The BDR-211EBK and bundled software are compatible with the latest Windows® OS, Windows 10.
- Region Code Change – BDR-211EBK has DVD regional playback control. It allows users to set the region of the drive up to five times.

Other features:

Store more data – Support for BDXL media, which stores up to 156% more data than 50GB Dual Layer Blu-ray Disc™, including 100GB Triple Layer (TL) and 128GB Quadruple Layer (QL) discs.

QuickPlay – BD-ROM and DVD-ROM discs are ready quickly after insertion.

PowerRead – Through its PowerRead feature, the BDR-211EBK provides smoother movie playback when a disc is marked with fingerprints or has minor surface scratches. When the drive is not able to read through these obstructed areas of a disc, it will quickly move forward to the next available data point, resulting in smoother Blu-ray and DVD movie playback.

Auto Quiet Mode – The drive monitors how it is being used and will adjust its disc rotation speed automatically, using quieter mode (slower speed) when watching Blu-ray and DVD titles or listening to conventional audio CDs.

PureRead3+ – Clicking or popping sounds that might normally occur due to minor scratches and fingerprints on CDs can be prevented on some discs with the drive’s PureRead3+ technology, which allows the drive to adjust its optical playback settings dynamically through the use of a unique algorithm.

Peak power Reducer – This power saving mode enables the drive to suppress power consumption at peak operation. It keeps stable operation in case of a drop in power supply.

CyberLink Software Included:

PowerDVD 14 UHD-BD
PowerDVD is the market-leading media player for Blu-ray and Ultra HD Blu-ray. Watch high definition movies with better image and audio quality than with typical streaming.

Power2Go 8
Easily burn and back up content to Blu-ray, DVD, and CD media; includes system recovery tools. BDXL format supports 128GB Quadruple Layer and 100GB Triple Layer Blu-ray discs.

PowerDirector 14 LE
Make movies with fast, powerful video editing tools. Edit high definition movies and upload them to social media
websites with the included software.

InstantBurn 5
Packet-writing solution allows the user to operate disc burner as if it was another hard drive or floppy disk.

Label Print 2.5
Design and print stylish disc labels in four easy steps.

PhotoDirector 5 LE
Complete editing and adjustment tools to bring photos to life.

NOTE
To play back Ultra HD Blu-ray, all equipment must use HDMI 2.0a connections supporting HDCP2.2 and HDR.
16x BD-R write speed achieved using certain media. Refer to the media support list.

Triple and quadruple layer BDXL discs can only be used in BDXL drives.
PowerRead is not guaranteed to work with all disc conditions or in all PC environments.
PureRead3+ is not guaranteed to work with all disc conditions or in all PC environments.

Speeds
Maximum Write Speed:
- 16X CAV at BD-R
- 14X CAV at BD-R DL
- 8X PCAV at BD-R LTH
- 8X ZCLV at BD-R TL
- 6X ZCLV at BD-R QL
- 2X CLV at BD-RE/-RE DL/-RE TL
- 16X CAV at DVD-R/+R
- 8X Z- CLV at DVD+RW, DVD-R DL/+R DL
- 6X CLV at DVD-RW
- 5X CLV at DVD-RAM
- 40X CAV at CD-R
- 24X Z- CLV at CD-RW

Maximum Read Speed
- 4X PCAV at UHD BD
- 12X CAV at BD-ROM, BD-R
- 10X CAV at BD-RE
- 8X CAV at BD-ROM DL, BD-R DL
- 6X CAV at BD-RE DL
- 6X CLV at BD-R TL, BD-R QL
- 4x CLV at BD-RE TL
- 8X CAV at BD-R LTH
- 16X CAV at DVD-ROM, DVD-R/+R
- 12X CAV at DVD-ROM DL, DVD-RW/+RW and
- DVD-R DL/+R DL
- 5X CLV at DVD-RAM
- 40X CAV at CD-ROM, CD-R
24X CAV at CD-RW

do you believe that they they have the same features?? and only the 4k playback is make the double prize/?
one my friend told me this and tell me your thoughts for these he told
I bought both Pioneer BDR-209DBK , and ASUS BW-16D1HT where I had some compatibility issues with the speed of writing. I will immediately explain that with some blue ray disks like the x-layer where the e-shop has been all written 4x but some Pioneer's bills could also be written with 10x. and other bills only with 4x. Program where I am the Nero 2016. The time had a big difference. With Asus all the disks with 10x without problems the same disks in the same machine.Also very satisfied.Therefore I would recommend Asus without afterthough

what is your opinion for Pioneer BDR-211EBK is it very good?? is it worth to buy??

do you believe that if i buy ASUS BW-16D1HT will it be good in everything??

so which from these 2 to buy??

ASUS BW-16D1HT or BDR-211EBK

also i have heard very good reviews for ASUS BW-16D1HT

Wow that is a lot of information. I have to be honest here, if you need 4K playback get the one that can do it.

Can't say I know much about these.

Are you Mike34 as well I assume?

I think you're putting way too much thought into this. I have had an LG don't remember the model BluRay writer for well over 5 years and it still works fine.

why Pioneer BDR-211EBK costs to much>>

??

is better from ASUS BW-16D1HT??

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

pionner has these
Speeds
Maximum Write Speed:
- 16X CAV at BD-R
- 14X CAV at BD-R DL
- 8X PCAV at BD-R LTH
- 8X ZCLV at BD-R TL
- 6X ZCLV at BD-R QL
- 2X CLV at BD-RE/-RE DL/-RE TL
- 16X CAV at DVD-R/+R
- 8X Z- CLV at DVD+RW, DVD-R DL/+R DL
- 6X CLV at DVD-RW
- 5X CLV at DVD-RAM
- 40X CAV at CD-R
- 24X Z- CLV at CD-RW

Maximum Read Speed
- 4X PCAV at UHD BD
- 12X CAV at BD-ROM, BD-R
- 10X CAV at BD-RE
- 8X CAV at BD-ROM DL, BD-R DL
- 6X CAV at BD-RE DL
- 6X CLV at BD-R TL, BD-R QL
- 4x CLV at BD-RE TL
- 8X CAV at BD-R LTH
- 16X CAV at DVD-ROM, DVD-R/+R
- 12X CAV at DVD-ROM DL, DVD-RW/+RW and
- DVD-R DL/+R DL
- 5X CLV at DVD-RAM
- 40X CAV at CD-ROM, CD-R
24X CAV at CD-RW

and asus has these
DVD-ROM Read Speed: 16X
DVD-R Read Speed: 16X
DVD+R Read Speed: 16X
DVD-RW Read Speed: 12X
DVD+RW Read Speed: 12X
DVD-RAM Read Speed: 5X
DVD-R Dual Layer Read Speed: 12X
DVD+R Dual Layer Read Speed: 12X
DVD-R Write Speed: 16X
DVD+R Write Speed: 16X
DVD-RW Write Speed: 6X
DVD-RAM Write Speed: 5X
DVD+RW Write Speed: 8X
DVD -R Dual Layer Write Speed: 8X
DVD +R Dual Layer Write Speed: 8X
CD-ROM Read Speed: 48X
CD-R Read Speed: 48X
CD-RW Read Speed: 40X
CD-R Write Speed: 48X
CD-RW Write Speed: 24X
Access Time (Blu-ray): 180ms (Blu-ray)
Access Time (DVD): 160ms (DVD)
Access Time (CD): 150ms (CD)
BD-ROM Read Speed: 12X
BD-R Read Speed: 12X
BD-RE Read Speed: 8X
BD-ROM DL Read Speed: 8X
BD-R DL Read Speed: 8X
BD-RE DL Read Speed: 6X
BD-RE Write Speed: 2X
BD-RE DL Write Speed: 2X
DVD-ROM DL Read Speed: 12X

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

if we compare these writes and reads between these 2

which is better??

ODD technology is about as good as it's going to get right now. The disc drive is on its way out so to be honest in my opinion I doubt that one is much better than the other and I would get the one I can afford that's the right colour to match my case

SO TO BUY ASUS BW-16D1HT??

why Pioneer BDR-211EBK costs to much>

You have your answer here and the other forums you posted (spammed) to already. This does not need to be rehashed here and the same question repeated while ignoring advice from this thread and the other forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back