• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Be Quiet! Power Zone 1000W Power Supply Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Be Quiet! is, despite the eccentric name, perhaps the most popular European manufacturer of power supply units. Today, the company retails several series and tens of power supplies, most having been designed with low-noise operation in mind. Their latest series is the Power Zone, which consists of four units (650W to 1kW) and the company claims a great balance of features, performance and price. The most powerful variation of the Power Zone series found its way into our labs. We will see how well it can perform in this review.
... Return to article to continue reading.

Seems just a touch over priced to me.
The same price ($189) gets you a Seasonic X-1050. The X-1050 has Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors throughout, a whopping 36mV of 12v ripple, and gold effienciency.

$189 for a Teapo filled bronze thing is... bad.

Did you look at the soldering at all? Can we see some ripple pictures? What were the scope settings for those numbers?

If you look at the various MOSFETs and such you'll see why it's a Bronze unit.

The Seasonic was not in sale when I wrote the review. ;) Plus it is aesthetically greatly...simpler.

I believe that you already know the answer to that question. Measurements are always taken at 20 MHz and with an appropriately modified testing fixture which has the required capacitors installed.

I know that the whole world will hate me for saying that but unfortunately the reliability of Teapo capacitors is just fine. It is a brand which started off as a supplier for Sharp, after all. "All Japanese capacitors" serves no real purpose other than marketing really, it is easy to find Japanese products which are vastly inferior. Not that Nippon Chemi-Con is inferior to Teapo, of course.

...I do find the whole "Japanese" and "Taiwanese" thing a bit..."racist". It is a product, not a flag.

Last edited:
Back