• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Been away for a while, need some help putting together a new PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lukee

Hi guys, it's been a while(5+ years).

I'd like to put together a PC that can play most games out there. I don't need to play them on high settings.

I'm mostly looking to play some FPS game(Fortnite, Batttlefield V), World of Tanks/BattleShips and some MMOS.

I really would prefer to not spend a lot on this right now. I'm ok maybe skimping on a Video card until prices come down and I can get a better one.

I'd prefer to spend between 500 - 800

I don't need a monitor, I have a 27inch Imac that I will use as the monitor.

I'd prefer at least 16GB Ram.
I'm not really looking to OC the CPU or GRP unless it doesn't require new cooling solution.

Thanks in advance.

You want to play games................but skimp on the GPU. I think you have that backwards :p. To be frank, the prices of GPUs aren't coming down enough anytime soon.

A max $800 machine is tough for BF5.. the other titles listed are pretty easy.

27".................1080p I am assuming?

So you need what......... CPU/Mobo/RAM/SSD or HDD/GPU/PSU/case for under 8 hundo?

Thank you for your reply, EarthDog.

No, 2560 x 1440. I'll probably run it at 1080p though.
What is the minimum GPU that you recommend?

Wishful thinking on keeping cost down? lol

I need Case/CPU/MoBo/RAM/PSU/GPU

I mean, if 800 isn't doable, then whatever would be an realistic price.

You can't play BF5 with graphics on Med and not break the bank?

You want to play games................but skimp on the GPU. I think you have that backwards :p. To be frank, the prices of GPUs aren't coming down enough anytime soon.

A max $800 machine is tough for BF5.. the other titles listed are pretty easy.

27".................1080p I am assuming?

So you need what......... CPU/Mobo/RAM/SSD or HDD/GPU/PSU/case for under 8 hundo?

Last edited:
For that res, a gtx 1070 is about right, or vega 56...

System is doable for a grand or so.

Sure, you can lower IQ settings, but, why buy a PC to have to do that on day one? If the budget isnt there, I get it, but if this is for gaming, game on high/ultra...not console settings. :p

Last edited:
8600k for CPU

Any Z370 motherboard that fits your budget

16 gb (2x8) of any brand of 2400-3200 mhz RAM that fits your budge

EVGA 650W super nova PSU

500 gb SSD best price you can find don't worry about brand

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo CPU cooler (or maybe use your existing cooling solution).

Any midtower case with decent ventilation (good fan optons) that is wide enough to accommodate the 160mm tall cooler above.

Last edited:
I like this... ^^

To clarify on the PSU, one wants a Supernova G2 or G3. Supernova are a couple generations older and not as good as the G2 and G3s.

Back