• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Been getting this on a CPU only folding machine

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JrClocker

AKA: JrMiyagi
WARNING:WU01:FS00:Exception: Could not get IP address for assign3.stanford.edu: No such host is known.
ERROR:WU01:FS00:Exception: Could not get an assignment

When I try to PING www.assign3.stanford.edu I get:

Ping request could not find host www.assigne.stanford.edu. Please check the name and try again.

This happened a few days go...then it was getting work units, and then started happening again about 11 PM last night.

Have you guys ever seen this?

Is there a way to force it to go to a different server?

Thanks!

I paused the slot, and then unpaused the slot...and it fixed itself...weird...

It may have coincided with server work at Stanford. After you've been in for a long enough timeframe, you'll see this in large scale from time to time.

SMP folding is out of favor and they seem to let problems just sit for days before looking into it. I have two SMP folders that I have simply turned off because they spent more time waiting for WUs than folding them.

Last edited:
WARNING:WU01:FS00:Exception: Could not get IP address for assign3.stanford.edu: No such host is known.
ERROR:WU01:FS00:Exception: Could not get an assignment

When I try to PING www.assign3.stanford.edu I get:

Ping request could not find host www.assigne.stanford.edu. Please check the name and try again.

Try another DNS server. Sounds like the bullcrap VTel's DNS server has been doing lately..... (Random server-not-found errors)

SMP folding is out of favor and they seem to let problems just sit for days before looking into it. I have two SMP folders that I have simply turned off because they spent more time waiting for WUs than folding them.

All of my SMP folders don't have any trouble getting any WU's, that is when I had them on :) I still have 1 on, it's a 8 core AMD system and it's jugging along just nicely.

Back