• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

before I overclock my 435 rana

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That is a nice result keny. For high FSB overclocking make sure to keep you memory multiplier down. That will probably help the most. vcore and cpunb volts helps too.

Thanks for the pic Keny, no worries, I was on my phone earlier too!

I see how you handled the NB multiplier and HT multiplier, not surprised at that FSB speed. Seems your system ram though is running a bit slower than what mine is, an at this point with the BE I can overcome that limitation by upping the multiplier. I did have to push an extra .1 v for NB and SB for a stable overclock with 984mhz on the ram. I have a feeling that is just the limit of this board and ram speed.

Still, if I was back on the 435, I don't believe I would have ever gotten to those speeds on the CPU, I kept losing the 3rd core on Prime after about 3 hours once I would get about 3.6Ghz. You got very lucky!

Still wish I could push my ram to the stated 1066 and keep the high clock, but I do not believe I can get more out of the FSB with faster ram speeds.

Thanks!

Is the board assigning the correct timings to you're ram,as it should run @,and a little higher than the stated 1066.Loosen the timings a bit and see what happens!. My ram was poor 800mhz and it would not click much higher which was a bit of a let down but hey , "you can't have it all".

Timings are suppose to be 5-5-5-15 with 2.0~2.1v which the board is assigning by default those timings, I just have to set volts manually. Ive attempted 6-6-6-18 with no go on 5.33 mode for stock 1066 speed. I figure keeping the timing tight even at a slightly lower overall speed of 984. Just seems to be a wall with this board, I really looked to get a bit more initially as it is suppose to support speeds up to 1200. Oh well, cant have it all, so true.

Back