• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Beginner Needs Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yuriman

I need help finding the cheapest water cooling system out there. I have a very limited budget and am a beginner. I need one thats not going to explode on me or soak my system, .ect. And did i say cheap? That means preferably <$100. Please give me a link or some advice. NEED TO GO TO WATER! NEED C H E A P!! Thank you

Get a...

Maze3 waterblock $40
AquaVia 1300 pump $20
And a heatercore $30

Get some hoseclamps and get some cheap vinyl tubing, and you are good to go. :)

A $500 system can 'explode' on you... so can a $100 - it leaks because of a USER ERROR. So, it's up to you whether or not it leask. :)

This setup will do a lot better than the one you chose.

You can get fans for ~$5 or so. Even cheaper at some places. Just shop around.

So, you need:

waterblock $40
heatercore $30
pump $20
tubing $2-4
120mm fan $5

Yuriman, here is a deal you can't refuse. I will give you a Gemini High Volume Block for free. The only thing you will need to do is send it to Peter at http://www.geminicool.com/ and have him put a new top on it for you. I dropped the block and broke the top. The top has to be sealed as well as screwed on. Now you can get a Dtek core and shroud.

This block served me well. For its size it does a really great job at cooling. I used a Eheim 1250 pump and it over powered the block. With the Via pump this block should do even a better job.

I will even throw in some Redline Water Wetter to mix with a gallon of distilled water.

The reason I say to buy 1/2" rad and pump is for the future. The W/B block has 3/8" fittings. You can soften the 3/8" tubing in boiling water and stretch it over the 1/2" barbs. Down the road you may want to purchase a 1/2" barb W/B. You can change out the 3/8" W/B fittings to 1/2" but you will not notice much difference. I had done this on my sytem.

This offer is for Yuriman and if he does not want the block, then the offer is pulled. It must be getting close to Christmas.

http://dtekcustoms.safeshopper.com/index.htm?994

D-Tek 1/2" rad/shroud $48.00
Gemini Block: free
Delta Mid CFM 120mm fan: $13.50
Via-Aqua 20.5 watts/370GPH 1/2" pump: $23.00
$15.50 dollars left over for shipping, clearflex tubing 3/8", clamps, ASlll, T fitting.

Yuriman, this will give you an awesome first water-cooling system that you can build on. The only thing you may want to add down the road would be a second shroud and fan. Click on this link to an article I wrote that may be of use to you. CLICK The article was written back when I was using the Gemini block...

Yuriman, please PM me if you want the block. I will be away until the evening on Sunday, but will get back with you.

br0t404o.jpg

bs10s1w8.jpg
FREEBIE

bf1d2c5m.jpg

bn16t16t.jpg

Last edited:
DodgeViper is the man.

Yes, that will be pretty much the EXACT setup I have, and it's sweet. You will get awesome temps for cheap and quiet (especially if you 7volt mod the fan.)

I will also atest to that - I've used the same setup, but with a 1/2" Spir@l. Can't go wrong for the price there man. :)

? not poly?

Some people who shall remain unnamed have had a few nasty experiences with poly tops :(

I won't unmask the geek who had the problem recently as he's already suffered enough :)

That's a cool way to get someone into watercooling Dodgeviper,I can speak from experience also that do not get a premaid kits, the low priced ones aren't worth the so called low price, and for much less you can build a better performing system and be proud that you put it together.

mamer

Some people who shall remain unnamed have had a few nasty experiences with poly tops

There is nothing wrong with the poly tops if steps are taken. First and foremost, Gemini has taken this step. Gemini nolonger countersinks the four machine screws that attach the top to the block. They use a flat buttonhead machine screw.

Updated photo of the new revised buttonhead machine screws and the use of a sealent.

Rakk said:

Some people who shall remain unnamed have had a few nasty experiences with poly tops :(

I won't unmask the geek who had the problem recently as he's already suffered enough :)

the answer is to get reinforced NONE see through poly... poor JonF ;)

I wasn't really saying never use poly tops - just that they're more fragile than a copper or alu top.

This brings up a question. I have noticed that a lot of you are using the Gemini block. How does it compare to the maze 3? Those are the 2 blocks I am considering, and I am curious which best for the money.

dodge, give neomoses a pm, he mite be interested in making you an anodized aluminum top for a decent price

Yuriman never contacted me in the two weeks this offer was available to him regarding the block so the block has been pulled from the offer.

The block is no longer in my possession. Yuriman sorry that you never took me up on this offer. You would have had a great system.

Back