• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Beginner OCing E8400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Poit

Hi.

I need some help finding an optimal config to overclock my current rig.

HW:

-E8400 C0 Stepping | Q814A batch
-OCZ 1066 4x2 [email protected]
-750W PSU Be-Quiet.
-Rampage Formula (Bios 0803)
-Temps stay below 60 deg. on load | 35 idle (AC Freezer Xtreme lapped)

This is what im currently working with:

Fsb Strap to NB: 333
FSB Frequency: 440
PCIE Freq: 100
Dram Freq: 1057
DRAM Command Rate: 2N
AI CLock Twister: Moderate
AI Transaction Booster: Manual -> Level 7

Voltages:
CPU: 1.36
CPU PLL: 1.5
NB: 1.29 (seems to handle an fsb of 500 well (6x multiplier))
DRAM: 2.1
FSB Term: 1.26
SB: 1.05
SB 1.5V: 1.5V :)
LLC: Disabled
CPU GTL: 0.63
NB GTL 0.67
Spread Spec: Both disabled

Doesnt seem to be much room for improvement, though im fairly new to this.
Is it advicable to up the CPU Voltage any further? (CPU-Z reads it as 1.328)
Any Help would be appreciated

you look to be in pretty good shape if you want to raise your vcore a bit higher. I would shoot to stay under 80C at load.

It seems the general rule is not to go beyond 1.375V. One question regarding that, should i rather use the bios setting or the CPU-Z reading as a reference how much voltage is being fed to the cpu?

use cpu-z, it will be more accurate with regards to the voltages and its changes with vdroop (with and without LLC) and power savings.

use cpu-z, it will be more accurate with regards to the voltages and its changes with vdroop (with and without LLC) and power savings.

+1, definitely go by what CPUZ says. Intel lists 1.3625v as its max VID. I would say you could pump 1.4 or maybe even 1.45 depending on how good your cooling and temps are.

45nm LGA775 chips are more fragile than their 65nm counterparts, but they're still pretty tough to kill.

Good luck. :)

Back