• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Benches from P4 overclocks?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BZMeRLiN

Registered
I'd like to see some benches people have done in the following situations (preferably on Asus P4T-E motherboards):

1) Overclocking of Northwood CPUs
2) Overclocking of Samsung RDRAM to 1066 (4x)

For instance I'd like to see if a regular Northie (the current ones - not the new ones coming out that do 533/1066 already) overclocked with 1066 RDRAM is stable and runs as fast as the "real thing" will. Since we can get the 1.6A and 1.8A chips so reasonably if it looks like a stable and a good bet for getting to the 133 FSB I will go for it. Any help finding benches on these would be appreciated.

chop

My 1.8A is curently running @ 2340Mhz (fsb 130). Rdram Turbo enabled. 4X Rdram enabled. I am using air cooling and have not had any issues. Temps are good (31c idle-37c load). My voltage is set to 1.57.

Sisoft Benches:
CPU Arithmetic/Multimedia - 4683/9280
Memory Bandwidth - 3240/3237

OP
BZMeRLiN

BZMeRLiN

Registered
Thanks for the replies, guys. I think I'm going to go Asus P4T-E with 1.6 at 2.1 Ghz. It seems the most likely to make it without having to voltage mod, and will get bitching memory bandwidth with 1066Samsung (and won't overclock my PCI/AGP). I want 100% stability first, speed second.

Here I go... wish me luck!