• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Benchmark This !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PAUL001

Registered
After finally upgrading from Geforce 2 ultra to a Hercules Geforce 3 these are my benchmark scores using 3dmark 2001.Scores with Geforce 2 ultra was 4097 with core clock at 300 and memory clock at 500.Overclocked Geforce 3 to core clock 230 and memory to 500.

System

1ghz athlon axia chip running at 1460mhz
abit kt7a-raid
5.1 sound blaster
hercules geforce 3
2*30.7gb ibm hard drives in raid mode

_jubei_

Disabled
Nice scores ! With G3 Ultra you will probably get around 8000 - 10000 . G3 is like G2 in 3dmark2000 . With G2 you got ~6000. With Ultra you get 8000~10000 . So I think its safe to assume, when G3 Ultra comes out we should expect scores in 3Dmark2001 to be around 8000-10000 .
Personally I will wait for G3Ultra or ever G4 . Right now I don't see any reasons to upgrade my G2Ultra.

Door Knob

Why did you sell your Geforce 2 ultra? Did you just do it for the benchmark becuase really there isn't a game around that is anywhere close to pushing the limits of the geforce2 ultras. Maybe its just the poor college kid in my but damn, thats a lot of cash to get better benchmark numbers.

cookedcomp

Door Knob (May 26, 2001 09:48 p.m.):
Why did you sell your Geforce 2 ultra? Did you just do it for the benchmark becuase really there isn't a game around that is anywhere close to pushing the limits of the geforce2 ultras. Maybe its just the poor college kid in my but damn, thats a lot of cash to get better benchmark numbers.

But in the end isn't that what we all do it for? I mean how many of us actualy game?? and yet atleast 50% of us have an ultra or better :)

wildone

cookedcomp (May 26, 2001 11:27 p.m.):

But in the end isn't that what we all do it for? I mean how many of us actualy game?? and yet atleast 50% of us have an ultra or better :)

Its all about braggin rights,BTW I heard the 12.xx drivers were optimized for Pentium Processor's and read in reviews that the cards did'nt do that good with the bundled drivers
Wildone

wildone

cookedcomp (May 26, 2001 11:27 p.m.):

Sorry for the double post