• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Benchmark...under 2 hours !!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Wizard

OK folks !!

My dual Xeon 2.6 did 4 WU's in 4 hours 34 minutes.

That's 1.085 WU per hour.

I think with that benchie that the 2 hour mark is passed...:p

I will try to tweak this baby a little more but I think that it will
be a small improvement.

Who will be under 1 hour per WU ???

I know I will try.....

Crunch on guys !!

OP
The Wizard

The Wizard

Missed the thing about screenshots. I will post screenshots when i di the reference WU's

The Wizard

hipro5

The Wizard said:
OK folks !!

My dual Xeon 2.6 did 4 WU's in 4 hours 34 minutes.

That's 1.085 WU per hour.

I think with that benchie that the 2 hour mark is passed...:p

I will try to tweak this baby a little more but I think that it will
be a small improvement.

Who will be under 1 hour per WU ???

I know I will try.....

Crunch on guys !!

It's been a LONG TIME till your last post and I bumped the thread.....

Now,let's see.......You have 4 hours and 34 minutes crunching 4 WU......Then THE BEST YOU COULD DO the SETI benchmark will be 2 hours and 17 minutes...... AM I WRONG???.......You are TOO FAR from EVEN 2 hours......So don't even THINK about almost 1 hour SETI bench.......AM I WRONG AGAIN?....Cheers.... ;) :beer:

hipro5

Codeman05 said:
how did you figure 2:17 ?

Well.....Dual machines can crunch 2 WU at a time , BUT if you crunch only ONE WU then ONLY ONE CPU is working for this WU coz SETI Program is not designed to take the advantage of 2 or 4 or x CPU's......So when you run ONLY ONE WU then ONLY ONE CPU WORKS......IF Wizard has a DUAL Xeon 2,6GHz....(a) he can't OVERCLOCKED it...(b) it works for ONE WU as a clasic Pentium4 2,6GHz and EVEN worse coz there is NOT much memory bandwidth..... ;) :D

beau_safken

hipro5 said:

Well.....Dual machines can crunch 2 WU at a time , BUT if you crunch only ONE WU then ONLY ONE CPU is working for this WU coz SETI Program is not designed to take the advantage of 2 or 4 or x CPU's......So when you run ONLY ONE WU then ONLY ONE CPU WORKS......IF Wizard has a DUAL Xeon 2,6GHz....(a) he can't OVERCLOCKED it...(b) it works for ONE WU as a clasic Pentium4 2,6GHz and EVEN worse coz there is NOT much memory bandwidth..... ;) :D

True that brother...Lets see some numbers Wizard. Those Dual Xeon's must be a lot of fun to use though. I'd salivate just at the thought of a video editing machine with balls like that. :D

Codeman05

hipro5 said:

AHHH that was obvious hehehe. Good point, I completely forgot seti can only use 1 cpu at a time

DDR-PIII

Disabled
hipro5 whats ur p-4 @ ?3.6ghz ? this xeon score will be good if its even @ 2:17 i mean its still 1 ghz under your score and opnly using 1 cpu its not bad :)

Greg M

Originally posted by hipro5
(b) it works for ONE WU as a clasic Pentium4 2,6GHz and EVEN worse coz there is NOT much memory bandwidth.....
Not true. A Xeon DP does not have reduced memory bandwidth when compared to a P4.

hipro5

Greg M said:
Originally posted by hipro5
Not true. A Xeon DP does not have reduced memory bandwidth when compared to a P4.

And why not?....You can't "PLAY" with the memory timings on a Xeon Mobo as you can "play" in a P4 Mobo..... ;)

hipro5

DDR-PIII said:
hipro5 whats ur p-4 @ ?3.6ghz ? this xeon score will be good if its even @ 2:17 i mean its still 1 ghz under your score and opnly using 1 cpu its not bad :)

My P4 is a 2,8GHz(look sign)......and the SETI bench WU is a bit "big" WU so The Wizard will crunch it in about 2.30 hours..... ;)

Come on Wizard do the bench please and post a screenie coz I'm about to built a DUAL Xeon 2,8GHz and I'm courius how it does.....

hipro5

lonewolf1983 said:
all depends on your choice of mobo, and theres always the WPCREDIT option if you can figure out which registers to tweak ;)

That's clever but you have to know EXACTLY what you are doing with the WPCREDIT not to "destroy" everything....

racecar12

hipro5 said:

That's clever but you have to know EXACTLY what you are doing with the WPCREDIT not to "destroy" everything....
It is always a good idea to backup the registry before any modification. I even backup the registry before installing a new unfamiliar program. Just in case;)