• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

benefit from multiple software firewalls

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slyfury

if i run more than 1 firewall, for example- zone alarm,and norton and freedom
all at once .
does that increase security?

ErikD

It would probably cause more problems than it would prevent. Just choose one good software firewall, configure it properly and keep that running. I am using Sygate and haven't had any problems.

Enablingwolf

Senior Member overclocking at t
Running more than one firewall is real tricky, it can cause lots of argument within your OS. There is soooo many free firewalls out there. Myself I like Sygate, but it is one of many good picks out there.
... Buy the pro-version or higher end of what you finally end up with, The free ones are so basic and you can't get the full benifit outta it. There is lots of good free basic firewalls out there. The money you spend will pay for itself, instead of using more than one at a time. Try it, if you like it and find it secure and you can get around in it to properly configure it, then get full/pro version of what you like. Read reviews on software firewalls first. The best you can get, is using a hardware firewall.