• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best 3700 ram for under 500$ AUS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Phrenetical

Ok my system is seriously buging me, i really wanna push it past 3.4, this crap apacer ram doesnt do it for me. Anything after 226 fsb and it will blue screen of death or just reboot. :cry:

Uping vcore doesnt help, over volting dimm doesnt help, so time for new ram.

But i want your input

Corsair 3700 450$ AU

OR

OCZ 3700 500$ AU

It looks like the OCZ is EL chips which are better for OC'in i hear, i dont know what the corsair chips are.

So yes opinions opinions

Also is there anywhere on here to post about selling something, if not i dont mind eBay will do. Thanks guys :)

ocz is my personal favourite and i dunno if you can stretch ya budget maybe a little more and get the enhanced bandwidth as opposed to the el as this seems to be the top performer at the moment :)

I'm not sure about AUS supplies but if you can get some of the valueram or Buffalo 3700 they will do you great. Both have the Micron -5bC chips thta are on the OCZ EB series and usually cost much less. Here is where some people purchased theirs. Under their policies they do have non-US orders ino so they may ship to AUS.

wannaoc said:
I'm not sure about AUS supplies but if you can get some of the valueram or Buffalo 3700 they will do you great. Both have the Micron -5bC chips thta are on the OCZ EB series and usually cost much less. Here is where some people purchased theirs. Under their policies they do have non-US orders ino so they may ship to AUS.

Is this for certain? I thought they are just on a couple of modules?
Grr, trying to find a shop shipping to Germany is pretty hard, Buffalo is hardly known here...

if u have the money ocz does all the work for u with their eb pc3700. if u dont then maybe some of the buffalo pc3700. it comes in 2 flavors the ch5 winbond chips. or the mt 46v32m8 -5b c chips.. now remember they wont last too long cause its my impression that mt has stopped that particular revision.. the reefa man and a few others have done an exhaustive and first class anaylsis, u might want to check with him..

the pc3700EB are still 5-c chips since they get the best chips out there. Otherwise its almost the luck of the draw from now on with any other brand or speeds

mmm that bufallo looks tempting, but one its a US site, so if anything goes worng well im stuffed, two the latency looks pretty bad on them, but the price is tempting, and yeah no way that stuff is in AUS

It took me ages to find the other two sites i listed

If someone can point me to this indepth review on the bufallo ram i would be most appreciative

Back