• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best 9600 XT?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Risendemon

I'm not makeing this a poll since I don't know most of the brands(Just Sapphire,BBA,Herc.,Asus Ect..) anway what is the best 9600XT that is the best deal?

Evnas

I personally wont buy anything but BBA, but word on the street is the PowerColor, with their 2.8ns ram, is the best (though i still wouldnt trust their quality)

harryinny3

Ok, Ill say again,

The asus is the best for the price right now. It comes with 6 lite games 2 full games A ton od editing and 3d software, Overclocking software, Monitoring software, An Svidio In that you can hook your tv, vcr, camcorder too. And they still advertise HL2 in the box.

What more can you ask for?

The powercolor is clocking at500 and change with a memory clock STOCK at 338X2 Thats 676Mhz fo lay people.

BBA cards are great.

Sapphire are considered As good as BBA because sapphire actually makes alot of ATI's cards.

Your choice, But if i had the extra 25 bucks when i ordered my Saphire yesterday, I would have gotten that ASUS quicker than Well you know.

Harry

SpaceyWilly

right now, the Sapphire is $155, the ASUS is $200, so you have to ask yourself, is a VIVO connector and a handful of games that you may or may not enjoy worth $45?

OP
R

Risendemon

Re: Ok, Ill say again,

harryinny3 said:
The asus is the best for the price right now. It comes with 6 lite games 2 full games A ton od editing and 3d software, Overclocking software, Monitoring software, An Svidio In that you can hook your tv, vcr, camcorder too. And they still advertise HL2 in the box.

What more can you ask for?

The powercolor is clocking at500 and change with a memory clock STOCK at 338X2 Thats 676Mhz fo lay people.

BBA cards are great.

Sapphire are considered As good as BBA because sapphire actually makes alot of ATI's cards.

Your choice, But if i had the extra 25 bucks when i ordered my Saphire yesterday, I would have gotten that ASUS quicker than Well you know.

Harry
\

hehe I think I'll try the asus then.

harryinny3

Its less than that willy.

And yes it is worth the extra money. The Sapphire for 155 is Without ANYTHING. Its OEM with no box, no games no Nothing. A driver CD and a Svid connector. I Know because i ordered the $155 sapphire 2 days ago.

Gat the Asus Its worth it Just for the HL2 and Other stuff you get.

Harry

Alacritan

Have you actually seen the ASUS board? It's killer. It's got a heatsink that covers not only the GPU but the ram chips too. It's also got 2.8ns ram like the Powercolor. Hexus.net got it up to 712mhz RAM speed. Killer. It wasted the other cards in the review after it was overclocked.

Note though, that the "lite" games are basically demos of some crap games and I believe just about all retail boards come with them. My Powercolor came with the 6 game disc too. And the new Tomb Raider. Ask the seller if it has a HL2 coupon in it though. All the manufacturers stop packaging them in Dec 31. Powercolor ran out and had to send me mine in the mail, so don't count on getting one if it's not in the box and you ordered it after Dec 31.

harryinny3

Your right about HL2 coupon

On Sapphires site it said that ATI Ordered the Others to stop putting them in boxes after the 12th of december. That was the date ATI and Valve agreed on. Thank goodness i got one in my box. Its kind of a bummer i had to send out $10 to get my CD(atlease reserve HL2 till its released). But i get all the other HL games on CD and dont have to worry about corrupt downloads and bad Product keys from downloading with steam.

Harry

spazzmattah

Alacritan said:
Have you actually seen the ASUS board? It's killer. It's got a heatsink that covers not only the GPU but the ram chips too. It's also got 2.8ns ram like the Powercolor. Hexus.net got it up to 712mhz RAM speed. Killer. It wasted the other cards in the review after it was overclocked.

Note though, that the "lite" games are basically demos of some crap games and I believe just about all retail boards come with them. My Powercolor came with the 6 game disc too. And the new Tomb Raider. Ask the seller if it has a HL2 coupon in it though. All the manufacturers stop packaging them in Dec 31. Powercolor ran out and had to send me mine in the mail, so don't count on getting one if it's not in the box and you ordered it after Dec 31.

Alacritan,
I just ordered the Powercolor 9600XT from Newegg yesterday. Have you been OCing yours? If so, what kind of speeds are you getting? The one I ordered is rated at 500/676. So I assume these are 2.8ns chips, right? Well, then what's the Bravo version of the 9600XT then? Anyone know?

harryinny3

If ite rated for 676,

then its the 2.8ns ram. It should be able to reach 350x2. Im running at 344 at this time, will push it more later. Core, you should be able to go at minimum 550. Im going to try and boost mine up later. Just letting it settle in for right now.

good luck and congrats on your purchase.

Harry