• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Abit motherboard for OCing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mkoersvelt

Which Abit board is the very best overclocker?
Right now I have a Bh6 slot 1 and it is very good but I'm looking at upgrading. What is the most flexible and stable at high speeds?
Also, what is the biggest cpu that fits in a Bh6 slot 1 anywho?

Feedback appreciated!

Which Abit board is the very best overclocker?

The Abit NF7-S rev 2.0 without a doubt. The NF7-S is the most flexible as well, the Soft Menu III allows for tweaking anything you could want. Many people are getting fsb of 230 & up! I have 2 of these boards & they are the best boards that I've ever used made by anyone or for any platform, AMD or Intel. One of them is in my sig below, and the other has an 1800+ on it doing 2.530 MHz (220x11.5). Defiantly the best board for the AMD platform!

For the CPU question, your best bet would be to head to the Intel side.

I'm no Intel expert, but I'm pretty confident that you can run an 370 P3 or celeron in the 1.4 range with a slot adapter in your BH-6.

Most of the AMD users will agree that the NF7-S is the best Amd board out today. Tons of features for OC'ing, soundstorm, 8X agp, PCI/AGP locks, nice and stable....... the list of features is huge. To top it off they are very affordable at just over $100. Do a bit of shoping and you can get yourself a new NF7-S, XP1800+, and 512mb of ram for less then $250. Then ya just OC the heck out out of it.

Well, I am also on the Abit bandwagon.... But I'd like to put in for the Abit AN7. It has gotten a bad rap, but I've had it for 2 weeks now, and it has been a wonderful board. I got 230Mhz FSB out of it stable, and got my 2600+ up to 2.35Ghz stable (had to pump up the voltage to 1.9 to do that).

I had a P3 1000 on my old BH6, I forget what revision it was...but it was the first one that didn't have a 1/4 divider.

You can run the newer Taulatin cpu's with a modded Slotket or one of the pre modded slokets.

I will also give the thumbs up for the AN7. But if you aren't the adventurous, gambling type, i would advise you to wait for a revision.

The NF7 boards are a safer bet.

Back