• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best AIO Coolers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cctaylor88

Registered
Planning to purchase a 6600k very shortly and was wondering what my best bet for an AIO is? There are quite a few Corsair models out right now and they can be quite confusing. For instance the Corsair H115i Extreme costs less than the Corsair H110i GTX, at first glance this is backwards.

And this might sound like a weird request, but I do have a windowed side to my tower so I like clean and I like LED. Are there any good AIOs that offer RGB?

Both of the Corsair AIOs you mentioned have an RBG LED (the Corsair logo on the CPU block).

I used the Corsair H110i GTX for my 5820K. I did replace the fans as I found that they stock fans where too loud.

Switftech and the EK Predator AIOs are also good. You will need to make sure that you have enough room in your case for these as they are slightly larger than the Corsair units.

The best AIOs are the swiftech and EK Predator line. Beyond that you have the rest of the pack.

Both of the Corsair AIOs you mentioned have an RBG LED (the Corsair logo on the CPU block).

I used the Corsair H110i GTX for my 5820K. I did replace the fans as I found that they stock fans where too loud.

Switftech and the EK Predator AIOs are also good. You will need to make sure that you have enough room in your case for these as they are slightly larger than the Corsair units.

How is the noise with the H110i GTX? Also the current "flagship" for the Corsair AIOs is what? Is it the H115i Extreme Performance (linked)

Also could you please link me to the fans that you are using in your radiator... and stupid question. Its okay to use LED fans on the radiator right?

- - - Updated - - -

The best AIOs are the swiftech and EK Predator line. Beyond that you have the rest of the pack.
What are your thoughts on investing in the Swiftech? I have heard many people say that it is way too pricey and I would essentially be better off getting an i7 with an air cooler as opposed to the i5 with a Swiftech.

Also I really like the cooler you are using on your CPU is this Phanteks TC14PE compatible with the current gen i5 6600K etc? Go Bucks! Live in Columbus myself...

You will have to check reviews for noise levels or wait for someone that has one to chime in. Personally, I wouldn't go with Corsair AIOs. I am sure 95% of them are fine, but we seem to, or at least used to, hear some horror stories on them (pump noise/pump quit).

It is OK to use LED fans on a radiator.

If you plan on expanding your loop later, that Swiftech and the EK kit are very good. They are essentially a custom kit which is why there is a premium over true (sealed) AIOs.

That phanteks is compatible with 6600K... you can see that by going to its website and clicking on "compatibility": http://www.phanteks.com/ph-tc14pe.html

I'll be back in Cbus (Hilliard) on June 11th!!! W00t! GO BUCKS!!!

How is the noise with the H110i GTX? Also the current "flagship" for the Corsair AIOs is what? Is it the H115i Extreme Performance (linked)

Also could you please link me to the fans that you are using in your radiator... and stupid question. Its okay to use LED fans on the radiator right?

- - - Updated - - -

What are your thoughts on investing in the Swiftech? I have heard many people say that it is way too pricey and I would essentially be better off getting an i7 with an air cooler as opposed to the i5 with a Swiftech.

Also I really like the cooler you are using on your CPU is this Phanteks TC14PE compatible with the current gen i5 6600K etc? Go Bucks! Live in Columbus myself...

I found the fans for the Corsair to be too loud...but I am sensitive to fan noise (hate it). I cannot hear the AIO pump running.

I do not know the difference between the H110i and the H115i...I have been looking for this information as well.

The fans I use on the AIO are in my signature...here is a link to Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Prolimatech-R...679&sr=8-1&keywords=Prolimatech+Red+Vortex+14

I got them in a 4-pack, and run them in push/pull configuration. They are not PWM fans. I run them at 100% speed 24/7. They are pretty quiet. I had Noctua iPPC-3000 PWM on the radiator as push/pull and I found the Prolimatech fans to be MUCH quieter.

LEDs do not affect the performance of the fans...but they sure do look cool!

ImageUploadedByOverclockers1458395862.251497.jpg

I have been running my Corsair AIO for 8 months 24/7 with these fans (I use this machine for Folding@Home). The AIO keeps the processor temps under 70 C with an overclock of 4.3 GHz at an ambient of 28 C. Not too shabby!

The Corsair AIO is a good unit...so are the EK Predator and Swiftech. Both the EK Predator and Swiftech radiator "assemblies" are larger than the Corsair. If you go that route, you will have to make sure they will fit into your case.

- - - Updated - - -

Glad to see another Buckeye!

Ultimately, investing in the swiftech and/or EK Predator is mostly if you ever desire to expand it to include a video card at some point. If I were to buy an AIO it would be one of those two just to have the option (and the fact that they run quieter and perform better than the rest of the pack according to most reviews).

That said, I like my Phanteks a good deal and it cools very well and runs very quiet. The only negative to it is that trying to reach ram slots that get blocked can be a little annoying or trying to reach the top tab to remove the graphics card when I need to. But other than that it is a great cooler.

You will have to check reviews for noise levels or wait for someone that has one to chime in. Personally, I wouldn't go with Corsair AIOs. I am sure 95% of them are fine, but we seem to, or at least used to, hear some horror stories on them (pump noise/pump quit).

It is OK to use LED fans on a radiator.

If you plan on expanding your loop later, that Swiftech and the EK kit are very good. They are essentially a custom kit which is why there is a premium over true (sealed) AIOs.

That phanteks is compatible with 6600K... you can see that by going to its website and clicking on "compatibility": http://www.phanteks.com/ph-tc14pe.html

I'll be back in Cbus (Hilliard) on June 11th!!! W00t! GO BUCKS!!!

Welcome home, live in Gahanna myself. Yea so I'm at a cross roads, Id like to get the Swiftech x240 x2 but its a bit pricey. However, my second choice at this point would be the Corsair 115i Extreme Performance (their current flagship) but get two aftermarket SP Blue LED fans making the purchase total of the Corsair (with fans) about $145 which is then getting close to the Swiftech. I love the look of the Swiftech but I have read nothing but terrible reviews about the "fan PWN controller" or something along those lines... and have no idea what that is. I don't want to drop $160ish or w/e it costs and have to go through returns/possible RMA. I wonder if someone can elaborate. The look of this unit seriously intrigues me, however the Corsair AIO I mentioned is also very clean. The problem with the best air coolers like the Phantecks or Noctua are that they absolutely dominate the view when looking into a windowed case due to the sheer size. I don't want to spend all that money on a mobo just to have it covered by a monster Noctua.

So many different routes I could go :/

Back