• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BEST Air Cooling for PIV....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GraveLayer

Registered
I've been running a 1.6A @ 144fsb for about 3 weeks(Wire trick at 1.7 volts). I've used the stock HSFan which gave me an Idle Temp of 48C and stress temp of 61C. I tried an AVC clone (pcpower and cooling) which helped about 4C and idle but NO help at the Stress temp.! I want to push the fsb even more but need some GOOD cooling (Water is NOT an option....been there done that don't want it).
Here are three I've been looking at:

Thermaltake Volcano 7+ w/speed adjust. 6000rpm @ 47 dba and 49cfm for $45.95

Swiftech MCX478 4800rpm @ 48.5 dba and 68.5cfm for $66.77

Alpha 8942L with Delta 80mm x 38mm 5700rmp @ 52.5 dba and 80.16cfm for $53.25

What I like right now is that my case is QUITE! Even with 2x80mm exhaust and a 120mm BH (all enermax adjustable) So I know any of the above 3 will most likely RUIN that but I want to push this baby higher!!

What do you guys think??

Go with the Alpha PALwith the 50CFM Suron you wont see much difference, about 2-3C, with the Swiftech and the 80CFM Delta... Its almost as good and alot less quiet.

The Alpha with the 50CFM Suron outperforms the Delta with the same Suron fan. The Delta outperforms the Alpha with both having the 80 and 68CFM fan on top.

The Alpha with the 50CFM Suron barely falls behind the Swifty with the 68CFM Delta (we are taking about .5C and .01C/W)......

There are the facts....

Do you mean Sunon 50cfm fan? I already have two of them laying around that I'd used for case fans before. They were a bit lound so I took them out.
That option would be cheap ($38 for the Alpha HS) and the quitest but I hate to install it and NOT get good performance.
Anyone running a similar setup???? Or how about a review!

http://www.voidyourwarranty.net/

Here is a review comparing both the Swifty and the Alpha with different fan configs. Thats where I got my information for my last post.

Like I said, the Alpha with the 50CFM Suron was barely beat by the Swifty with the 80 and 68CFM fans.

If you want quieter, YS Tech makes a 48.5CFM 80mm that is 36dbs.

Back