• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best ASUS INTEL lga-2011 v3 mb oc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ryantt

What is the best asus intel lga 2011 v3 mb for oc and futureprooff.thanks in advance..:thup:

Any of them that have the features you need honestly. They will all overclock the same since you are using ambient cooling. Just make sure it has a 4x pcie m.2 slot, usb 3.1 gen2, and you are set.

The best if you count max memory clock is ASRock X99M Killer 3.1. The best if you count max CPU and still high memory clock but full atx size is ASUS Rampage V Extreme ( can be 3.1 ).
Personally I'm benching on ASRock as it's overclocking CPU the same and memory goes higher. It's also smaller, cheaper and seems more solid. ASUS already had typical "can't see memory" issues and went to RMA on 00 error code ( couldn't see CPU ).

Most X99 boards should OC CPU about the same and differences are in memory overclocking and additional features. Still most boards should handle DDR4-3200 while max possible on 4 memory slot boards is ~3466.
If you are planning to overclock on air/water then don't spend too much as base for all X99 motherboards is the same. As EarthDog already said, check if board has enough additional controllers etc.

The best if you count max memory clock is ASRock X99M Killer 3.1. The best if you count max CPU and still high memory clock but full atx size is ASUS Rampage V Extreme ( can be 3.1 ).
Personally I'm benching on ASRock as it's overclocking CPU the same and memory goes higher. It's also smaller, cheaper and seems more solid. ASUS already had typical "can't see memory" issues and went to RMA on 00 error code ( couldn't see CPU ).

Most X99 boards should OC CPU about the same and differences are in memory overclocking and additional features. Still most boards should handle DDR4-3200 while max possible on 4 memory slot boards is ~3466.
If you are planning to overclock on air/water then don't spend too much as base for all X99 motherboards is the same. As EarthDog already said, check if board has enough additional controllers etc.

thanks guys as always..:thup: will any board that support m.2 port will support an nvme pci intel 750 hd ?

what specs should the board have so i know is compatible with the new nvme hd intel 750 pci e ...this hd http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820167361.thanks

reason i ask is because every board spec i check does say like for example nvme ready..

Last edited by a moderator:
I think anything with the turbo M.2 will support NVME. You can cross reference by going to the website for the board and checking...

One of the cheapest X99 motherboards ( which still overclocks good ) is MSI X99A Raider on which I was installing Samsung 950 nvme SSD couple of days ago. At work I have 2 small servers on these motherboards running 24/7 for last half year so I think they're pretty solid.
You can probably find better board for your needs. I'm just saying that even these cheaper X99 motherboards are pretty good.

Well guys decided to go with the x99 pro 3.1 :) review here 4.9ghz http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/7130/asus-x99-pro-motherboard-intel-review/index5.html very promising and asus i have never touch any other brand than asus lol..rampage was very promising but is eatx too big for my set up lol....thanks all for the answers..also bought the gskill ripjaws 4 3300...5820k intel cpu and ek evo cpu waterblock also gigabyte extreme 6gb 980 ti oc edition..

Could have saved $100 and had the same results*, but, that is a solid board. :)

*If you have a CPU that can reach 4.9GHz... to do so and be stable will be a GREAT chip. Expect 4.3-4.5GHz on AIO cooling.

Actually 4.9GHz at 1.5V isn't anything unusual for these chips. The main problem is to keep temps low enough.
Personally I see no point to run it above 4.2GHz for games or most other things while this frequency can be achieved at ~1.17V.

thanks guys but not planning to hit 4.9 just normal 4.5 :) 24/7 ill be posting the results soon also got me a j batch processor so we will see :)

Guys just finish my oc.. results at cpu intel section..thanks for all ..

Back