• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Benchmarking tools?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blueboy1986

i just overclocked my computer and i was wondering, what are some toolz that a overclocker needs. what are some of the toolz that anyoverclocker should/would need?
Any programs that read the current cpu temp in windows? (i know the bios can tell you)

Last edited:

Dragonprince

1.) SETI or [email protected] to test CPU stability, Prime95 and SuperPi are also widely used.

2.) 3D Mark2001 SE for overall system stability. AuqaMark3 is a good one too.

3.) 3D Mark03 for video card stability.

4.) CPU-Z or WCPU for quick looks at FSB and Core Clock speeds, and some other basic info.

5.) SiSoft or something similar if you need more detailed system info.

6.) The ultimate test is just do some hard core gaming for a couple of hours or edit some Audio/Video stuff to see if the system is rock solid.

Im sure others can add some other suggestions...

blackclovers

Registered
run adobe premiere 7.0 pro stock
and then run it after.
i'll be damned if i ever see a computer run that beast without glitching atleast once....

i use SiSoft 2002pro and prime 95

Gnufsh

Blueboy1986 said:
i just overclocked my computer and i was wondering, what are some toolz that a overclocker needs. what are some of the toolz that anyoverclocker should/would need?

for stability testing, I generally use:
prime95, cpuburn and memtest86 (not all at once, or in that order), I also usually run a linux kernel compiliation to throw something that I often do at it and see if it hiccups.

For CPU info, wcpuid and cpu-z are nice.

For benchmarking, there is:
the benchmark from freebench.org, nice because you can compile it from source yourself and force different compilier optimizations on the code), nbench, Various application and game based benchmarks, sisoft SANDRA, pifast, superpi, and all sorts of other things.

Any programs that read the current cpu temp in windows? (i know the bios can tell you)
mbm5 (mbm.livewiredev.com) is a very good program for this. There are, however, many others.