• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best BF2 drivers for X850XT...??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eightballrj

I have tried the 5.11s the 5.12s and the 5.10s and all of them have that darn stuttering problem. I cant even play the game because of all of that crap. I get killed when it stutters and I hate it. The 5.6s tend to have that texture problem... I mean what to do?? Thanks a bunch guys!!

Richard

Aidenswarrior

lower your settings? seems more like a hardware problem than a software problem. if you are trying to run it on full settings, i dont think you can with that card. the only thing that can do it on full is the 512 GTX or SLI 256's.

OP
eightballrj

eightballrj

no no i run it at 70fps. It is just the drivers problems I run it all on high and 2x aa and keep it around 50-40fps. Its not frame drops. Its only when i turn or looked up and down not when large graphical events happen.

OP
eightballrj

eightballrj

So if I give my ram a hug it will work?? Haha, I know what you meant. The thing is that 5.6s run great so it can't be ram. Tons of people have had this problem I just have never seen the solution. Some people have it with these drivers some don't. I dont know, crap.. haha. Thanks though!!

Richard

DevilMan24

RAM RAM RAM....case closed.... and kill the 2x aa might help.
image.jpg

mysterfix

Change your texture setting to medium or low and see if that helps. I had the same problem with my 7800GT and that's what worked for me. And the other guys are right I just upgraded to 2gb of ram and max settings is smooth as butter now.

OP
eightballrj

eightballrj

So a driver change made it that much more ram dependent? I cant understand 5.6s running right and 5.12s running bad because of ram in the same configuration and same settings. I am high on everything and 2xaa if I decide to and I run 90% distance sometimes. I have tried them back to back and 5.6s still run fine... just with the texture problems.

maxxoverclocker

hkh said:
I can play on high setting with my x800xl but not until I upgraded to 2gbs of ram.

really? what did u have before? because im using the system in sig and it only has 1 gig and i get 50fps with no slowdowns and high texture detail

blitzkrieg1110

this doesnt necessarily pertain to the drivers, but for all around performance, i believe lighting and dynamic lighting are pretty memory intensive. i know that when i decrease these by one notch it gives me a huge increase in fps. at first i didnt like the look of having not as good of lighting but i quickly got used to it and it doesnt bug me now.