• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best board out there for a 600E????? PLease help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RabbitGti84

Hi hows it going guys, I have been running a Asus p3v4x for the past 2 years now and it finnaly **** on me the other day.
(first my keyboard controller went, so i used a usb and now my ide controllers are gone.)

Whats the best board out there right now for a 600e chip????

I dont have the loot right now to upgrade the whole system unfortunatly..:(

The system went 2 years trouble free at 840mhz and pc100 ram!

Thanks!!!!

BaldHeadedDork

One of the first I'd recommend is the Abit BE-6. This was the overclocking board for the Slot 1 procs back in the day.

BHD

advanR

was anything wrong with the p3v4x? if not get another, or a cuv4x, the socket370 version. Id say just get the cheapest board that has what you need.

You might want a board that supports tualatins. In that case an abit st6 would be good. Or just get a fcpga1 board and mod it.

TUK101

JCLW said:
Is the chip SECC2 or FC-PGA?

- JW
Good question. If you want to use that chip and make some modifications later then get the ABIT ST-6 mobo. They are getting pretty tuff to find now though. Otherwise just do like the other guy said and get whatever board that has what you need. I doubt that you are wanting to get another two years out of that comp anyways.