• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Buy oops

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

G3F0RC3<>R4D30N

I bought mine for $530 back in July... Bestbuy cracks me up.. They take up the profit and don't even have the support ppl who know what they're talking about. The most affordable 3ft. HDMI cable is $50 there, I am not paying that.

ratbuddy

I bought mine for $530 back in July... Bestbuy cracks me up.. They take up the profit and don't even have the support ppl who know what they're talking about. The most affordable 3ft. HDMI cable is $50 there, I am not paying that.

Joe Yuppie who goes in to buy a TV doesn't know about monoprice, and just wants it to work today. Personally I don't even know where I'd go for a cheap HDMI cable if I wanted one tonight. Maybe Cables and Connectors, but odds are they charge just as much.. I see a $20 one on Target's website, who knows if they have it in stores..

petteyg359

Likes Popcorn
Was gonna say look at deepsurplus.com until I read down to the link to firefold... now I wish I'd seen them when I did my cat5e wiring in my house...

Pinky

Joe Yuppie who goes in to buy a TV doesn't know about monoprice, and just wants it to work today. Personally I don't even know where I'd go for a cheap HDMI cable if I wanted one tonight... I see a $20 one on Target's website, who knows if they have it in stores..

I bought the ones at Target for $25-30 after tax. Work just fine. Can get the same quality cables for 50% of that online (amazon.com even sells cheap cables). As a former Best Buy employee let me just say that MOST of their profit is in accessories and services. markup on gear is low to get you in the door, but you won't be leaving (if they have anything to say about it) with only one item in your cart.

OP
A

aaronjb

I bought the ones at Target for $25-30 after tax. Work just fine. Can get the same quality cables for 50% of that online (amazon.com even sells cheap cables). As a former Best Buy employee let me just say that MOST of their profit is in accessories and services. markup on gear is low to get you in the door, but you won't be leaving (if they have anything to say about it) with only one item in your cart.

I've managed to talk a BB shift manager into a near-cost price on a TV if I agreed to purchase the extended warranty. I'd never do it again (the warranties are, well, useless), but the price was right on that day.