• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Case Under $100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ShaftedTwice

I was looking at the other thread, but i wont have that much money and i was looking for a good cooling case under $100.

P4 3.0C GHz -> 3.75GHz (If not, higher)
Thermalright SP-94 as a heatsink

2x512MB DDR RAM

Radeon 9800Pro -> Radeon 9800XT

J2T

If you are talking just the case, my vote goes to the Kingwin KT-424 series or the Cheiftec 601 series.

OP
ShaftedTwice

ShaftedTwice

J2T said:
If you are talking just the case, my vote goes to the Kingwin KT-424 series or the Cheiftec 601 series.

All i see is Chieftec 602 and Chieftec 301, do 301s suck turtle balls or what?

TxAMD

ShaftedTwice said:
do 301s suck turtle balls or what?

Not if you want a nice mid level case. I have one with 3, 32.5 cfm fans in it and it seems to cool just fine. Looks pretty sweet to with the acrylic side window. If you have a lot of crap you need to put in a case, then go with the Cheiftek Dragon since its bigger.

Hookem

Yeah the PlusView has excellent airflow...Washable filter, provisions for 5 80m/m fans...Super easy to put 4 92m/m fans in it.

Excellent case...The Antec SLK3700BQE is another good choice...Has the washable filter...provisions for two 120m/m fans...Removable drive plates that have rubber gromets to mount the hard drives in.

Only drawback is that it does not have a window.

SLK3700BQE

Power supply is kinda whimpy...Works well unless you load it down with drives and try to get a big overclock on your system.

Nice case...You could certainly do worse.

J2T

ShaftedTwice said:
All i see is Chieftec 602 and Chieftec 301, do 301s suck turtle balls or what?

Oops, my bad, I meant the 602 series. The 301's are just smaller, and IMO you pay just a little bit extra for more room and cooling in the 602 series.