• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best cheap water cooling kit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DarkJediSleikas

I'm in the market for a socket A watercooling kit. I don't want to spend over $150, but I still want good performance. The cheapest one I have found so far is from Be Cooling. Their 1/2" kit is $100 bucks. However, I can't find any reviews for it, on websites or on forums.

Can anyone recommend a good kit in my price and performance range? Has anyone here used Be Cooling's waterblock (or kit)? Is it any good? TYIA.

JML

If your willing to spend up to $150, buy individual parts

TUBING- 10ft of 1/2" clearflex tubing @ dtekcustoms = $15

PUMP- via aqua 1300 OR maxi-jet 1200 = $23

RADIATOR- Cooler Core Combo (HeaterCore + Fan Shroud) @ dtekcustoms = $48

OTHER- Redline WaterWetter = $7, T-Fitting for bleeding air =$1

WATERBLOCK- this leaves you around $50 for a waterblock, such as the TC-4 (www.dtekcustoms.com) or MaskedGeek Type-S (www.case-mod.com)

OP
DarkJediSleikas

DarkJediSleikas

I would think that a kit would always be cheaper than buying all of the parts individually.

The thing that bothers me about the Be Cooling kit is the waterblock. It claims to have a copper plate on the bottom, but I'm afraid that the waterblock is made of steel with a copper plate pointlessly slapped onto the bottom of it.

Liss

hahah.. how did you get that??

anyways.. i'm using the block your talking about.. it seems to be pretty good.. all copper.. maze type... soldered top... :)
check my avater for picky.