• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best cooler?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daniel F

Registered
Hey all you forum gooers! What is your opinion on the best HSF combo for cooling a cpu? Cast your votes here!

Daniel

DennisC

Registered
If it's for the slotket-mounted Celly that you mentioned in your other post, then I'll vote again for the Alpha PEP66.

Monza

Registered
vantec vantec vantec bra. it looks kinda like a fop38, it cools better than it and the best clip known to socket a (read that anywhere). and its cheaper than most all worthy coolers, 17bucks at kdcomputers.com (w/38cfm delta, same as the 38). my [email protected] never sees 40c, never dude. read the review roundup at ocworkbench.com. that'll prove it.

good luck,
monza

T

tweak

I have to disagree, the vantecs are over rated. The swiftechs are good but are expensive. The Alpha heatsinks rock, But the sunnon fan stinks, gotta get one with a good fan. My FOP38 cools 10C better than the Alpha 6035 w/sunnon fan, and was much cheaper. Along with a good HSF, Proper case ventilation is needed. Also, Room temps are a contributing factor.

OpenFriday

That 20$ vantec was tested by HardOcp, cooled the same as FOP38. You dont have to believe me i'll find the review if need be. Its not the best but i think its best price/preformance hsf out there.

T

tweak

OpenFriday (Mar 10, 2001 05:21 p.m.):
That 20$ vantec was tested by HardOcp, cooled the same as FOP38. You dont have to believe me i'll find the review if need be. Its not the best but i think its best price/preformance hsf out there.

The fop 38 is $20 at
www.CoolerChips.com And more reviews prefered the fop 38.