• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Double Sided Thermal Tape and Non-Permanent Thermal Adhesive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

finalman

As the topic says i'm looking for the best double sided thermal tape for for securing RAM sinks and other small heat sinks. Obviously they have to be good at thermal transfer as well as being very sticky so they won't just fall off after many hours of use.

Alternatively what about thermal adhesive that isn't permanent and will allow the heat sink to come off without pulling the chip off of the circuit board it is attached to.

Alphacool makes a decent thermal pad (17W/mk). I used this on my RTX 2080 ti to install a full water block.

Just use the TIM of your choice and a dot of super glue on a corner to hold it there. Easily removable when you want to. ;)

Just use the TIM of your choice and a dot of super glue on a corner to hold it there. Easily removable when you want to. ;)

Use common sense with this method though. I did not and had a 3 inch tall piece of cut up heat sink stuck to my vram this way then bumped into it once while the system was running. Got to see some blue smoke. I did use it successfully a number of other times though with smaller heatsinks.

Back