• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Drivers for GeForce 2 MX 400?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wild_Thing2003

Hi,

My apologies if I am repeating this question from another thread. I tried searching for it...

What is the best nVidia / OpenGL driver for a GeForce 2 MX 400? And DirectX? (I'm using nVidia 43.35, DirectX 9)

Thx,
Wild Thing

OP
W

Wild_Thing2003

Oh, and btw, I've used the GeForce Tweaker utility to OC my card to: Core Clock 224 (from 200) and Mem Freq 160 (from 143). My questions are:

1. What is the worst case scenario if I OC my card too much thru s/w?

2. What are the ranges in terms of safety (numbers) for OC'ing my card? (Like: Safe: 200 - 224, Risky: 225 - 230, Suicidal: 231+)

Thx again.

kamz

i think the 43.xx are good, dont get the new ones... they give me a performance drop

Cube

People have said that since the newer drivers, the 40s and up, are basically for the GF4s and GF-FX cards, that users of a GF2 card should go for the 30.82 dets.

As for Overclocking, just go up like 5mhz at a time. If you overclock the GPU (core) too high, it usually just locks up when you test it. If you overclock the RAM (mem ;) ) too high, you start seeing a bunch of glitches when you test.

Worst case scenario, would be to burn up your memory. But that doesn't really happen that often, especially if the card has ramsinks. My old GF2 GTS had ramsinks on it.