• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best fan for an 80 or 92mm fan adaptor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kunno

Registered
I've got a generic 80 mm fan on my fop38 right now with an adaptor I made from sheet metal from a cookie tin. I was wondering which fan would be best for a setup like this. I was thinking about the Panaflo 92mm because it pushes out 42.7 CFM at only 27 dba. I've heard people say that it's not a good idea to use a 92 mm fan because it doesn't provide enough air pressure when pushing air though the smaller hole of the adaptor. I was also wondering if the weight and the leverage of the fan and adaptor would be a problem.

What have you tied, and how did it work out for you?

I tried a few 'big' fans on my Taisol CGK742 and FOP32. Sunon: 80mm-36 CFM-32 dBA, 80mm-42 CFM-36 dBA, 92mm-50 CFM 35 dBA. Panaflo: 57 CFM-35 dB. I used sheet metal Aluminum angle bracket and now a plastic piece of a gutter extender. I tend to like the Panaflo fans but I haven't found any with an RPM out put. I run all my fans with speed controls (either a rheostat or voltage regulator circuit) so they are quiter. I have the 92mm Sunnon on there now and it works just fine. I would guess that the best large fans would be the 80mm Delta or the new 80mm Sanyo that Swiftech uses on the MC 462 if you can find them. I like the larger fans but I am also toying with the idea of using a couple of slot cooler blowers at 42 CFm ea! Still I got my best cooling with the Sunon and a duct to the outside of my case but it was noisy and looked awful to me. I am probably going with the Millenium Galciator anyway when I can get one. Hope my rambling was of use to you!

O

Back