• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best FREE to download mmorpg?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XZit

So what do you guys think is the best free to download mmorpg?

I used to play ragnarok online--but then they switched to $.

I like mmorpgs that move somewhat fast in the beggining--I don't wanna be stuck at a low *** level charecter and just do boring *** **** for months on end to level up to just lvl 20.
And also I like as high graphic/instense mmorpgs as possible.

So ya--what are you guys playing out there?
Whats a good free mmorpg?

pz

OP
X

XZit

Looks pretty nice--I'm liking it so far.

I'll defintly check it out.

Any other suggestions?
pz

lucasp

I started playing Knights yesterday. Achieved level 10 in about 1-2hrs. Moves very fast. My big complaint is this. Users set up little shops all over the town area. This makes selecting an NPC in town a hastle. You have to sort out the mess of toons to get to the NPCs. This caused me to turn the game off. Plus everytime I leveled I had to restart the game for my leveling to take affect. The game sort of reminds of Guildwars with lesser graphics.

glen37

Registered
Well you can get a whole bunch of Final Fantasy XI 3 month free codes from just about anywhere now and you can download the game.

Shocker

Try out KAL,

Its free and you can download it from here Its also 3D and you can be a archer, mage or a knight. There are quests to get exp points, items or money but it has that same problem with sooo many shops in the town its a little bit hard finding NPCs, but you get used to that.

Enjoy!

doublejack

I'll add another vote for Knight Online. For a free MMORPG it's pretty darn good. And as was mentioned the early levels fly by, but once you reach lvl 30 they start to slow down. By the time you're into the 60s levels take many hours of grinding to get. But it's nice because you can get into the PvP part fairly quickly and yet it's not trivial to get max level (like it is in WoW for example).

Gabbiani

Hmmm Thought Priston went to $.

Ferentus is pretty good and still beta/free. Really Iwould rather pay a few $ a month to have a "better" one. But "better" is rather subjective.

Schalldampfer

glen37 said:
Well you can get a whole bunch of Final Fantasy XI 3 month free codes from just about anywhere now and you can download the game.

Uh... I'd be REALLY interested in trying that out! Can you give me some links, please?

AK50

Just to add another one to the list Silkroad Online

Pretty good game. The major problem in the beginning was the server was always overloaded. Since then they have opened up 2 new servers so 3 total and the newest was just opened a few days ago so you should be able to get on with no waiting. You can get to LVL 20 quite fast and than you get to choose your job(s) so you have something else to do besides questing and lvling non stop.

OP
X

XZit

anarchy onlines insane-I checked that game out. Was nice.
Anyhow good advice so far!

Def will be checking these all out.

pz

grimm003

anarchy online is a pretty good mmorpg. High learning curve though. I didnt get too far into it, but Im sure it gets easier

shard

AK50 said:

Pretty good game. The major problem in the beginning was the server was always overloaded. Since then they have opened up 2 new servers so 3 total and the newest was just opened a few days ago so you should be able to get on with no waiting. You can get to LVL 20 quite fast and than you get to choose your job(s) so you have something else to do besides questing and lvling non stop.

Whoah, awsome game there! I just spent about 5 hours playing it, and got to about level 9. The graphics are phenominal, almost on par with EQ2, and definatly gives WoW a run for its money. the wolrd is huge, and lag is non existent. The only problems I found with it, is that the translation from Korean to English is very rough, so right now, its pretty hard to understand what the NPC's are saying. But I think that you just should give it time, and it will all be ironed out. The other problem, is that in those 5 hours that I played, the game crashed twice. But when I reloaded, they had updated the game client each time, so I dunno. Seems they are hualing *** to get it bug free, and stay on top of the problems. Pretty good service if you ask me.

Puer Aeternus

AK50 said:

OMG Silkroad online!!! My 2 fave MMO games are Guild Wars and SRO. SRO is totally free and looks fantastic. I tried WoW, City of Heroes, lineage 2, Guild Wars and SRO. So far my 2 faves are GW and SRO.
It is much easier to log in now. They have a new server up called Troy. There are an amazing mount of people on at any given time. The game looks as nice as Guild Wars. Plays like Lineage 2 and COH.
Well worth a try. In fact you might be pinching yourself every so often as you say "is this really a free MMO?"