• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best heatsink that fits IT7-Max2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MrMajestic

Registered
What is the best heatsink that will fit the IT7-Max2? Have a new board coming next week together with a 2.4 P4 and a stick of Corsair PC3200 CAS2. Also, since I'm new to the Intel scene (was AMD before), what is considered high temp. on an 2.4 CPU?

phantom punisher

yea as long as its the same as the it7 you can fit almost anything. ive got the swif 4000 monstrosity on this
yoyo1948 said:
Thermaltake Volcano 7+
I have it runnig on an IT7E
you realy have a "E" model? ive never actualy seen one what are they?

OP
M

MrMajestic

Registered
I was kinda leaning towards the Alpha PAL8942. Sure, the Swiftech monster is nice, but its too expensive here in Sweden. Costs an arm, a leg and a couple of toes :)

nard

Registered
hehe, i use a big mcx4000 hehe.

abit expensive, but it does its job pretty nicely.

[email protected] with 1.575v core, (idle 39c full load 50-51c)

it seems to have gone down abit today tho. full load have only got to 48c today, but maybe because my house is freezing today lol.

OP
M

MrMajestic

Registered
I got my board today. Still using the Intel heatsink that was included with the CPU. this board rocks, by the way.

zrx

Registered
CoolerMaster IHC-H71

I am using a CoolerMaster IHC-H71

my 2.5g is running at 3.1g at 1.575 volts, temp is 46°C under load (1hour+ of 3dMark 2001).

I am able to boot and get about 1/3 of the way through 3dMark at 3.2g using 1.625 volts and running around 47°C.

Haven't tried a higher voltage at 3.2g.

I am very pleased with the CoolerMaster