• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best K7 for OCing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

emericanchaos

i'm very unhappy with my xp1900. i have a ton of cooling ware on it and it's stuck at 1800 12x150 and not to stable even after BIOS updates. what is the best OCing K7? i plan on the asus a7v8x and the MSI GF4 Ti 4400 as my next upgrades as i'm on an a7v266 and radeon 7500 as is. but i'm still looking for more FSB. would the new board be more stable and allow me to at least hit 1800 stable? HELP!!

Emericana

Best overclocking are the 1600+ for palomino

2400+ are pretty good as well and the new 2700+ seems like it is shaping up to be a great overclocker

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
its possable a mobo switch could help stablity.id at least try it before u invest in a new chip.

OP
emericanchaos

emericanchaos

i planned on doing the vid card and mainboard first. than i was gonna grab some corsair DDR 400 cause i'm on pc2100 as is. i need some time for prices to come down anyway.

thanks

RyanRichard

K7 is the generation of the CPU, originally for the "classic SLOT-A" athlons. id thought they be K8's for the XPs but i guess K8 would be the upcoming hammer chips.