• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best LCD responce time?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

petreza

Hi,

Which LCD display currently has the best responce time?

How low does the responce time has to get so that there will be no artifacts at all (in video)?

Thank you!

Pinky

My (older) NEC flatpanel has a 50ms delay, and I rarely notice it playing games. Newer (manufactured within the past year) models have improved this some (to between 30-45ms).

I can't give you any solid recommendations as I'm very pleased thus far with my flat panel and haven't been paying much attention as I'm not on the market for another one :)

attack

samsung and a few others have some with response times under 25ms, the 181T IMO is the best LCD out there right now, it costs around 750 bucks, which is pricy, but not bad for an 18" LCD especialy considering it's quality

paulie

Goo Kenson said:
Someone posted an article about a new 17 inch Hitachi that gets like 17 ms.
That's the Hitachi CML174 and CML174B (Black)
If the hype holds true then it will be the best LCD for gaming. It better be damn good, my $699 is depending on it :cool:

MospeadasDark

If you're spending $700 on it you must go have a look for yourself.

As with everything else, you don't just buy on specs. See what it looks like up close and personal then decide.

OP
petreza

petreza

The CML174 has a 12 millisecond rise and 4 millisecond fall time compared to a pixel response time 30ms for the average flat panel display,

Does that mean that responce time will now be on par with CRTs?
If someone invented lets say 14ms responce time LCD will there be a dramatic improvement in how video and gaming are seen or will the improvement be just marginal?

I hope there is someone who is well educated on the subject.
Thank you!