• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best makers of the x800s?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr.Guvernment

ATI would be i would think :) since they made it- more so other companies will just maybe try to push some more mhz out of the core and add VIVO.

I would say

ATI
Sapphire
.. not sure after that.

Vrykyl

Tornado Guy
Sapphire have so far sucked at making good x800 cards, the leaders are IMO (based on the softmods iv been doing) -
1st - Powercolor
2nd - Connect3d
3rd - BBA
4th - Sapphire
5th - GeCube
6th - Asus

Vrykyl

Tornado Guy
no you can still buy BBA cards over here, just not very often. Connect3d is ati's official uk manufacturer, but their cards and BBA cards here are still different

Oren

Vrykyl said:
Sapphire have so far sucked at making good x800 cards, the leaders are IMO (based on the softmods iv been doing) -
1st - Powercolor
2nd - Connect3d
3rd - BBA
4th - Sapphire
5th - GeCube
6th - Asus

Hmm... what about HIS Excalibur?

Vrykyl

Tornado Guy
@Oren, never got my hands on an HIS video card ever so i couldnt say...they never really made it over here to the uk...there are a few around, but only the older models.

Oren

Vrykyl said:
@Oren, never got my hands on an HIS video card ever so i couldnt say...they never really made it over here to the uk...there are a few around, but only the older models.

Well this HIS looks like a nice one to me. For some reason, HIS arrived here to Hungary before the rest. Currently only HIS and GeCube (listed as GeXCube for some reason) are available here.

Vrykyl

Tornado Guy
Well Oren, of the 2 id definately go for the HIS card - it has everything and a much better stock cooler than any iv seen :D
Plus GeCube generally suck IMO and experience ;)

deathman20

High Speed Premium Senior
Powercooler right now for the x800pro -> x800xt-pe conversion :) Total success