• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best method for shorting bridges

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pinky

I will need to short (the fuses, cut the connection) for the first L7 bridge on my XP Tbred to get 1.825v default and was hoping to get some definitely methods/answers.

I also encountered the problem of finding this using our search feature, with too many results or not enough results. I could spend the rest of eternity reading every thread with 300 posts related to nulocking, or I could just ask. I decided to just ask.

Last edited:
shorting bridges means using some conductive material, i prefer a conductive pen, to connect the dots. should be pretty easy. you may need to fill in a pit w/ some crayon but thats all.

make sure you post your results you got the 1800+ tbred right?

Emericana said:
shorting bridges means using some conductive material, i prefer a conductive pen, to connect the dots. should be pretty easy. you may need to fill in a pit w/ some crayon but thats all.

make sure you post your results you got the 1800+ tbred right?

Sorry, I should have been more specific... I meant "short the fuses"/internal connection... from what I've heard, using a 9V battery will work, but I need to verify this before I try it...

I'll update my first post...

Actually the VCore bridges on XPs (both Pali and Tbred) are L11, but both have the same concept. I have no clue about filling the pit, it might be needed or might not be, but I'd fill them just in case. Although I never used it, I read people use Rear window defogger repair kit is one of the best items to use, but generally, any think conductive will work

So you just want to connect the two dots, similar to the pencil trick, or actually blow the internal fuse?

If you're trying to do the pencil trick, it's not too hard.

I've never heard of a way to blow the internal fuse...

Back