• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best method to login remotely without logging out?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a standard user account created from within the Windows Home Server Console app. There doesn't appear to be anything different about the account within the account manager, other then WHS maintains all the permissions for that account automatically for the shared folders.

ya u will probably have to add the standard user to the allowed list.

Login via administrator

Right click my computer > properties > remote tab

Click Select Remote Users > click add

Click advanced > click find now > and select the user you want to allow access to remote desktop then click OK, OK, OK, OK. You should now be able to log out of the administrator remote desktop, and login via the user name

ya u will probably have to add the standard user to the allowed list.

Login via administrator

Right click my computer > properties > remote tab

Click Select Remote Users > click add

Click advanced > click find now > and select the user you want to allow access to remote desktop then click OK, OK, OK, OK. You should now be able to log out of the administrator remote desktop, and login via the user name

I shall refer ye back to post 12 and post 17.

I've messed around with permissions enough in previous server setups I've had to know that much. But as I stated in those post, it still will not allow the account to login via RDC.

Either way, I just won't login at the physical PC itself, and only use RDC with administrator account, as it works fine this way and I'm able to use it as I wanted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back