• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best mobo for 166FSB with unlocked XP??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skatman

Registered
Hi,
I'm looking to run an unlocked XP (in the 2000+ or higher range) at 166 FSB synchronously with 333DDR . (I don't want to OC the CPU frequency, just the FSB)
I can't wait for 2700+/2800+.
Which motherboards presently work best (from the KT333/ KT400 bunch)? Any specific recommendations?

Thanks.

Dude, you will have to unlock to hit 166FSB, I have never heard about it (correct me if I am wrong though!)

Epox, people seem to say epox... or Asus (I think, on that last one)

From what I have read in here. With the new KT400 and the new XP you don't haveto unlock them. It does it be itself with the new chipset. Do a search in here cause I know there is a post bout it.

wait wait wait, back up and slow down...

whats this with the KT400 boards allowing you to change multi without unlocking??? only works with t-bred? not original XP's (like my AROIA 1600+)...

this sounds like BS.. someone confirm this please

No unlocking needed on 2400+??

Natopotato,
did I understand this correctly that you do not need to unlock (meaning - connecting L1 bridges) 2400+ chip?

Back