• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best mobo for a p4 oc'd?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mbentley

Gloriously Lead, Overclockix Chief Architect
okay, i am guessing this might be a repeat thread, but what would people suggest for a good oc'ing mobo running a p4 northwood? i need the 533 fsb support for a p4 (most do now anyway) and i wouldn't mind an intel chipset, but whatever offers the most options (locking the pci and agp bus speeds, memory config, fsb adjustment, etc) i have some cash to spend on another upgrade and i would love a nice board... makes no difference on the memory but i would like it if it happened to be ddr 2100 compatible... no rdram cause i don't have that much cash :) would 512 mb ddr high speed ddr perform better than 1024 mb ddr 2100? just curious...

X

---X---

Abit BE-7 or Asus P4PE, in that order. The latest Intel chipset (845PE), which has support for PC2700, 533 FSB, Hyperthreading, AGP/PCI lock, and IMHO from the two best motherboard manufacturers :)

OP
mbentley

mbentley

Gloriously Lead, Overclockix Chief Architect
---X--- said:
Abit BE-7 or Asus P4PE, in that order. The latest Intel chipset (845PE), which has support for PC2700, 533 FSB, Hyperthreading, AGP/PCI lock, and IMHO from the two best motherboard manufacturers :)

thanks for the info... i will check those out