• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Motherboard for the price.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hurk

Not going to be overclocking at all.
Do not want onboard sound.
Do not want onboard video.

Supports AMD Barton 2500+.
Does not have to look cool.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

selahrecords

Registered
a suggestion...Epox 8RDA+ is going for $85 right now on new egg its got some nice stuff with it and if you ever decided you did want to ocerclock you could as it has some nice options for doing so...at $85 i think thats a pretty good deal...i'm sure you will hear other suggestions...

max0mus

Registered
Hurk,

It's a NFORCE 2 chipset

Btw, I second the Epox board. Seems like a dandy board. If you want bargain basement board then I doubt you'll get a recomendation here.

TheMightyBuck

Banned for being a BAD TRADER aka a Troll
ummm... some biostar piece of crap, i saw on www.googlegear.com the other day for like 60 some (US) dollars. so.... yeah, u could go for a kt333 board... i like mine, it's a gigabyte ga-7vrxp.... i can get the fsb up to 166 mhz for the barton 2500. you can set lower multiplier and higher fsb, ,and u won't really be oc'ing the chip.... other than that, spen 80-95 bucks and get an nforce2.

fiji

nf7...

or nf7-s... but they both have onboard sound, but the nf7-s's sound is like an audigy2

OP
Hurk

Hurk

fiji said:
nf7...

or nf7-s... but they both have onboard sound, but the nf7-s's sound is like an audigy2

Does the onboard sound have line in? They will be recording LP's to CD.

Buhammot

I know the Biostar M7VIT Pro can run a barton 2500, cause it is what i got. :D However it does have onboard sound that can be disabled and onboard lan. But i am quite happy with its performance and price. KT400 chipset

thaimonk

Registered
since u gonna use Barton 2500.. why not just OC it ? :p i recommend NF7-S :p
soundstorm suppose to be like audiogy2 but i've seen quite a few ppl had problem with it.. and they said the sound storm sucks tho...

OCed_5150

Shuttle - AK39N - VIA KT400, 8X AGP, 5 PCI, ATX, USB Version 2.0. Socket A, AMD Athlon XP / Duron CPU, 200/266/333MHz,1700 1800 1900 2000 2100 2200 2400 2500 2600 2700 2800 3000 Price: $ 56

Onboard Realtek 5.1 sound, SPDIF output...

Doesn't overclock well... but does have FSB increasements. No voltage adjustments.